Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Headlight making a buzzing noise when closing

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Chris Y2K FRC 
#1 ·
This evening when I parked my hardtop and went to turn off my lights, the driver side headlight made a buzzing sound once it was in the closed position. The buzzing sound would stop after about 3 seconds. I'm guessing that the headlight motor is still running. I really don't want to bring the car into the dealer, does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Chris

#3 ·
Tonight was the first time it's happened. I did raise the lights again and then relower them and the noise happened again. I'm going to go start the car later and see if it still makes the noise.

Thanks,
Chris

#5 ·
There is a service bulletin for Y2K C5's that addresses a problem with the left headlamp door. While it is specifically for a left headlamp door that won't remain closed, perhaps your problem is the mentioned problem in the early stages. The bulletin # is 00-08-42-002 dated June, 2000. If you don't want to return to the dealer, the parts cost is minimal and the bulletin allows 0.5 hrs. for the repair. I hope this helps.

#7 ·
Well, I brought the car into the dealer today for repair. Come to find out I know one of the corvette techs, so that eased my fears about the dealer (ALL Star Chevrolet in Baton Rouge)

They replaced the gear that raised and lowers the headlight. The part number for the part is 16530235 Actuator.

Thanks again to Red99 who faxed me a service bulletin describing the problem.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.