Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Trunk Lights Problem / Not Working (Tried new bulbs)

9K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  2006ZO6 
#1 ·
Hello

New member here. Let me start by saying I hate making new threads as I do try to do my due diligence and exhaust all search options before making a thread.

I can't figure out what is wrong with my newly purchased vette, C6 z06.

The trunk lights simply dont work. When I put in new lights they do not work either. I tested the connections with the volt meter and it appears to not be getting juice.

Is there anything I'm missing? Or do I need to start ripping off panels?

Is this a common failure point? Is there a module or switch that I can check?

Here is what I tried so far and cliff notes:

-New Bulbs, tried installing both ways.
-I checked every single fuse in the fuse panel under the passenger side compartment.
-Tested trunk lights with volt meter, not seeing 12 volts.
-The other interior lights still work.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll take a look.

Let me ask you this...

Are the trunk lights supposed to come on when you open the doors?

OR only when the trunk is open.

Also, is it normal for the trunk to require some effort to close? I need to push down in the center area to ensure it closes all the way.

#4 ·
There is a light sensor so if sun is shining the lights would not come on if doors or hatch was open to prevent battery draw down.
Some people leave a window down just a bit so there is no pressure buildup when hatch is closed.
There is also a cabin air filter that would prevent pressure buildup
Make sure filter on passenger firewall is clean

#5 ·
Thanks.

I did some more testing. Now the trunk lights have 12 v going to both wires on the lights. Not sure if this is normal.

Anyone know how to locate a wiring schematic for the trunk lights? I googled for hours and cant find anything.

#9 · (Edited)
Hello

New member here. Let me start by saying I hate making new threads as I do try to do my due diligence and exhaust all search options before making a thread.

I can't figure out what is wrong with my newly purchased vette, C6 z06.

The trunk nice led lights simply dont work. When I put in new lights they do not work either. I tested the connections with the volt meter and it appears to not be getting juice.

Is there anything I'm missing? Or do I need to start ripping off panels?

Is this a common failure point? Is there a module or switch that I can check?

Here is what I tried so far and cliff notes:

-New Bulbs, tried installing both ways.
-I checked every single fuse in the fuse panel under the passenger side compartment.
-Tested trunk lights with volt meter, not seeing 12 volts.
-The other interior lights still work.
You need to check wire connections are they working well?

#12 ·
Hello,

hopefully my English is good enough to explain the problem. I'm slowly running out of ideas and hope that you can help.

The trunk lighting does not work, I have checked the following so far:
  • The lamps have + 12V, when I get ground from the battery, they light up.
  • If the trunk lid is open, this is also displayed in the instrument cluster.
  • If I measure the plug (switch) on the lock, I get the following values: Trunk lid closed: pins 1 and 2 are in contact Trunk lid open: pins 1 and 2 as well as 4 and 5 are in contact
  • The following results on the connector:
Cable 1 (black) 0V
Cable 2 (blue) 0V, when unlocking by pressing FOB 12V
Cable 3 (white / black) 7.3 V, if no lamps are connected 0V
Cable 4 (black) 0 V
Cable 5 (orange / black) 12 V
Cable 3 should probably close to ground with the trunk lid open, right? Is the microswitch in the lock defective? But why does the instrument cluster recognize the open cover? I would be really happy if someone has a solution.

Best wishes
Tiemi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.