Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Took the plunge!

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Zealot06 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone. Just traded my 2009 Saturn Sky for a beautiful MY 2002 Z06. The Sky was fun, but I longed for the real thing; as in V8 power in a true American icon.

I got a great deal at Jeff Wyler Chevrolet of Columbus (formerly Bob McDorman Chevrolet). This Z06 had been in storage for the last couple of year in one of Bob's "barns" where he has quite a collection of classic cars. It has 64,000 miles on it. It has been thoroughly checked out and runs like a dream.

I used to belong to the Skyroadster forum and I knew how to post pics there, but it has been a while. As soon as I figure it out there'll be pics for you to see. If you want to see some pics go to Jeff Wyler Chevrolet of Columbus in your search engine, then search for 2002 Corvettes. Mine is still on the website.

Looking forward to sharing Z06 Zeal with you all!:usa:

#7 ·
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride :thumb:

#13 ·
so do cops, but its worth it! yellow is beautiful. my second choice, behing Electron blue ofcourse.

Congrats, so was the sky a redline? big difference huh?

#16 ·
HUGE difference:eek2: My Sky was not a Redline, so I only had 177HP at best. Kept trying to figure out how I could squeeze out another 100 HP or so either with a turbo or SC, but that would cost $4K - $6K by the time you upgrade the exhaust system, add instrumentation, etc. I figured that if I could swing an approximate even trade for a Vette, I could easily double the HP, and have the kind of muscle/sports car I really wanted. Being able to snag the Z06 was a real bonus:coo:

DucZ06, even though I found that I the Sky was not everything I wanted, it was nonetheless a real hoot to drive. I'll miss the top-down driving, and I have to say that it always made heads turn. I won 2 trophies with it at a local annual cruise-in. Totally fun, but also totally impracticable. Virtually no storage space. Road trips with my wife would be really cramped. With the Z06, we can actually take vacations and carry a respectable amount of luggage.

So, although I made the switch to the Z06, I would never fault anyone who wanted to experience ownership of a Sky, especially a Redline.

#14 ·
Congrats!!! Love the C5 in MY. Curious about the previous question from Trig, was the Sky a Redline? Curious about your thoughts on that car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.