Corvette Z06 Forum banner

10-second stock C6 Corvette Z06 on run flats

11K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  EBzo6 
#1 ·
A ten-second quarter mile time in stock trim has been reserved for limited production supercars only. However, a man proved that with the right combination of weather and skill a completely stock C6 Corvette Z06 can break 11.0. During a private test and tune event at Maryland International Raceway (MIR) Jamie Furman and his C6 Z06 running on the stock Goodyear F1 EMT run flat tires hit 10.98 at 129 mph in the 1320. The run was validated by a track official to achieve the record for quickest mass production vehicle. While the run was aided by near sea level track elevation and 40-degree air temperature, it still took refined gear banging skills to secure the record. Mr. Furman did not leave well enough alone with one record though. After hitting the 10s on the stock tires he threw on a set of drag radials to see what would happen. He hit 10.83 at 130 mph, breaking the previous drag radial standard of 10.85.

Of course these records aren't officially recognized by a particular sanctioning body, but they are recognized by internet message board enthusiasts and isn't that all that matters these days? Stock vehicles running 10s would never pass NHRA safety standards anyway. There is nothing like stirring up some keyboard racers to get the mud slinging started. The guys on Corvette Forum invite anyone from Viper Alley to put up a challenge. Apparently Jamie Furman once owned a few Vipers, but believes that currently the Z06 is king of American muscle. The gallery below holds scans of the two record holding time slips for the non-believers.

[Source: Corvetteforum.com]

See less See more
#12 ·
Wow !! Congrats on that !!

Pitt

#13 ·
Not sure some of you know MIR, the track prep is second to none, stock tires will hook and on a private track rental you don't get all that water from other cars..

I send my congrats on this run, but I do have a question, you said 40 degree day, I know MIR is near sea level so what was the actual DA for that run?? - ?????.

Best to all

Ernie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.