This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray - Page 3 - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > Z06Vette News & Polls > Z06Vette News
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #31 (permalink)
Administrator

Lifetime Premium Member
Re: This is the 2014 Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFan View Post
The rear does look a little camaro-ish....but really guys...its not the same lights so it can't be a cost saving issue....besides give us Camaro owners a break...It is possible to be a fan of both... Being honest the rear is the only part that will need to grow on me. Everything else is fantastic.
My comments were not a slap at Camaros. Actually, I like the new Camaro.

My point was I don't want to look at the all brand new, redesigned, remodeled, supercalifragalisticexpealidotious C7 Corvette and see a copycat design from ANY car. Like I said, without seeing it in person I do like the design from front, top and sides but just a little disappointed with the 'Camaro-ish' rear end. Maybe in person the rear won't look as much like a camaro knock off....I can certainly wait and see.

Mike

2002 Procharged (F1-C) 427LSX 821rwhp/751rwtq
9.87 at 141mph & 2007 Black C6 Z06
Vette Magazine article
1/4 mile pass
MikesZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #32 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

I'm on my way home from Detroit right now after going to the reveal ceremony Sunday night. My dealership got personally invited (ten tix out of 150 nationally). Let me just say that the car looks soo much better in person guys. They had two cars there...the red and a cyber gray with painted wheels. After being in one it will totally blow you away. The wrap around dash wraps because it gives the passenger a 'oh shit!' handle; the screen displays are 21st century to the max and much needed to compete with the cars other rivals; and the new seats are spectacular. The rear of the car is perfect--if you see 'Camaro' then keep looking because it isn't. I will admit that I had my reservations, but they've been put to rest. This car is all-around awesome fellas. Remember how everybody hated the round headlights on the C6 at first? Now those guys have one. The same type of thing here. When asked aboutthe big motor cars Tag just smiled and said 'no comment on future products, but they're coming' so just sit back and wait see what else we get cuz I'm sure they will completely trump what we already have.
terryg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #33 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Big Motor Cars are coming
itsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #34 (permalink)
Administrator

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryg75 View Post
The rear of the car is perfect--if you see 'Camaro' then keep looking because it isn't.
No offense Terry but I'm not going to be one of the people selling these new Vettes to the public so I'll wait to see it in person

Mike
MikesZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #35 (permalink)

Location: Yuma, Az. ?????? Z06 Fest IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII & Winterfest 1,2,3 & 4
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaz View Post
Big Motor Cars are coming
Now we play the waiting game until that happens. If this is what they are doing to the base Corvette, can't wait to see what the Grand Sport, Z06 (if they make one) and ZR1 would look like (they have to be different in some way?).

Sig by GR8 White (modified by Speedratchet)
2004 MS/BLK
Still retired out in the middle of nowhere.
YumaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #36 (permalink)
Z06 Master

After looking at the pics for a day, I'm liking it more and more. Someone will put loovers on that big flat rear window, like an old pony car.
proexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #37 (permalink)

Location: Yuma, Az. ?????? Z06 Fest IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII & Winterfest 1,2,3 & 4
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proexpert View Post
Someone will put loovers on that big flat rear window, like an old pony car.
Don't doubt it, that and that little side window would make it look like a Mach 1.

Sig by GR8 White (modified by Speedratchet)
2004 MS/BLK
Still retired out in the middle of nowhere.
YumaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep1794 View Post
...that rear window is just asking for lane changing accidents...huge blind spots...but then again, eyes forward on the dragstrip.
Well in a Corvette, anyone who is in your blind spot when you want to change lanes was in clear view out your windshield just a half second previously. If they are in your blind spot now, you just blew past them, so you already know they are there.

Ryan J
RJ-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #39 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ06 View Post
No offense Terry but I'm not going to be one of the people selling these new Vettes to the public so I'll wait to see it in person

Mike
The rear of the car works with the rest of the car. I wasn't saying that as a salesperson, I was it saying as a Corvette guy. And there was no offense taken Mike...I was fully expecting your two-cents like always.
terryg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #40 (permalink)
Z06 Master

I look at the C6's for sale on the net every day, just dreaming, it's a hobby. Suddenly now they look dated, mostly the big rear window from 1978, the now boring rounded nose, and the round taillights. Not so much for the wide body C6, but the base model looks dated.

I also think the side marker lights look familiar, but I can't find where I've seen them before. Thought it was Cadillac?
proexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #41 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to mdickie Send a message via MSN to mdickie
Lifetime Premium Member

I love the look of the new C7, love the front end and hood, the side is good looking and the rear end is better than I originally thought.

Now I have some saving to do...

Mark

Do not worry about the world ending today, it is already tomorrow in Australia...
mdickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Z06 Master

Quote:
I look at the C6's for sale on the net every day, just dreaming, it's a hobby. Suddenly now they look dated, mostly the big rear window from 1978, the now boring rounded nose, and the round taillights. Not so much for the wide body C6, but the base model looks dated.

I also think the side marker lights look familiar, but I can't find where I've seen them before. Thought it was Cadillac?
Me too. I'm excited that they finally changed the rear window. I've never been a fan of the huge greenhouse bubble hatchback style.

The only thing I'm not crazy about on the C7 this the rear end styling, specifically those downward-bent vents attached to the tail lights. I'm hoping it will look better in person. Maybe it will grow on me.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member

The split window was new and only for 63, I think they have a one year design here, and an instant collector.
Zteve06
zteve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:

I completely missed the side markers! After reviewing, I want them, I want them now!

I also found something very interesting in regards to the taillights. Someone sent me the FB for Corvette link to review the latest 2014 updates and found they have a nice collection of pictures dating back to 1953 to the present.

The 1961 picture states:
"The 1961 Corvette featured a new back end that began the signature circular tail lights still found on Corvettes today."

It looks like someone has a FB update to do. No big deal unless you are inflicted with OCD like me.

I am in concurrence with most of the reviews so I won’t continue to beat the dead horse about the taillights. It is what it is. It confirms the only constant in life is change. By the time I pay off my C6, (um, still paying for C5) I’m sure the taillights or cost will not keep me from eventually owning a C7.

Corvette - Driven to be driven
ZOHBABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #45 (permalink)

I wouldn't trade my Z for this trash! Was it designed at Hundai? Probably the running gear is world class, but the exterior is UGLY. Camaro tail lights: Gad! for 50 years the Corvette has had round (or nearly so) tail lights. Now we get leftovers from a Camaro. It isn't bad enough that we get Silverado steering wheels. I bet Zora Arkus-Duntov and Larry Shinoda are trying to get tickets to the other place, as they probably think they have been re-routed to warmer regions. The rear end reminds me of those Hondas with the rubbermaid fenders.

I'm done ranting now. My daughter says she thinks I'm in serious need of therapy.

Last edited by StrokerMcGurk; 01-16-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling error
StrokerMcGurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > Z06Vette News & Polls > Z06Vette News