Corvette Z06 Forum banner

2015 Corvette Z06 Specs Leaked!

6K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  vant 
#1 ·

Chevrolet’s new Corvette Z06 halo car will officially debut tomorrow during the Detroit Auto Show, but more information about the car is leaking ahead of its ceremonial introduction.

If leaked information that showed up on Hot Rod magazine’s website is correct, the car has a beastly 620 hp and 635 lb-ft of torque sent through an eight-speed automatic. Yes, the Z06 will be offered with both a seven-speed stick and an eight-speed auto.

It is also supposed to have the same wheel and tire sized as the old ZR1. The torque tube is made of carbon fiber, although that’s sure to be one of many parts made of the same material.

Finally, it sounds like the car is going to be offered with three trim levels with increasing levels of aerodynamic performance. The top-trim version will be called the Z07. Everything will come out tomorrow at 10 a.m. when Chevrolet holds its press conference when there’s sure to be more exciting details on tap.
Read the complete story on the 2015 Corvette Z06 at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#3 ·
Great video. :thumb: Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hmmm...3 trim levels for down force applications, carbon ceramic brakes (aka ZR-1)....removable roof due to stiffer chassis..

I still wish they would redesign the ass-end of it...

#9 ·
I think the C7 is great looking, but the car looks "busy". Just a little to much going on with the design for me. I'd take one in a minute, but a C5 Z or C6Z looks just as cool to me.
Now, I should quit wasting time on the interweb and get back to work so I can actually afford one.......

#12 ·
Wow. I am way more impressed than I anticipated. My C6Z will always stay where it is...but maybe it is time to give the GT-R its walking papers.

#13 ·
Shirley its not supercharged!
zteve06
blk 02 z06

#14 · (Edited)
Yes it is...and stop calling me Shirley! :mah:

Nice find PB!

#16 · (Edited)
I don't understand why a "track car" would come supercharged- supercharging is a drag racing application, why would a "track car" be supercharged, anyone who races one will have to pull that engine out. What is this, cheapness, emissions, some deal with Ferrari?
They have a 700 plus hp naturally aspirated engine-wtf chevy, you are breaking my heart.
zteve06
blk 02 z06
ps-i know its those caddy driving gm execs that are behind this, the same ones that drove the company into bankruptcy

#18 ·
many track cars are SC. much better and more reliable than TC. the engine can make reliable hp all day and leave much room for improvement. I see a 750whp tune in their future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.