Votes: 51 52.0%
  • none at all

Votes: 47 48.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

what do you all think of stripes?

13K views 50 replies 46 participants last post by  JtownZ06 
#1 ·
i love the look of the 70 ss chevelle blue with white strips. the vipers look cool but are cramped as hell. the gt looks good in stripes. so i took my car to get measured for metallic silver gts"like" stripes for 650. then thought what the hell, might as well go and paint it since the vinyl will keep the paint from fading underneath therefore if i take the stripes off itd look like s. so my poll, machine silver stripes or none at all. i have a lemans blue z06 btw.

#3 · (Edited)
Stripes are a personal decision for sure.

I'd personally go for no stripes on the C6 Z but remember its just a personal opinion.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

If your painting aftermarket stripes...I'd go all the way down the bumpers to the underside both front and rear so it appears to run the full length of the C6....

JMO

#4 ·
JBsZ06 said:
Stripes are a personal decision for sure.

I'd personally go for no stripes on the C6 Z but remember its just a personal opinion.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

If your painting aftermarket stripes...I'd go all the way down the bumpers to the underside both front and rear so it appears to run the full length of the C6....

JMO
I agree. I have never liked stripes on anything, but like you said it's a personal decision.

#15 ·
Wow, dead even on this. I want to see a photo of your car when done. I think it will look bad, though a little Viper like. I was out yesterday with a friend - we were in his yellow C5 Z06 and we met a copper metallic car. He first said, look another Corvette Z06 coming..........turns out it was the new convertible Viper. The scoop on the hood catches your eye - from a distance it is hard to tell if its a new Z or a Viper. I don't even like writing that, but at first glance. I wished that I had of been in my new Z and going the same way as the Viper was...........it would have been interesting pullling alongside. The owner of the local Dodge dealership was driving it, she probably would have just looked and kept going, but who knows!

Stripe it!!!!!!!

#17 ·
maineyak_2000 said:
Recently had mine replaced - Here ya go

:z: What makes these really unique is the Red Border :z:
Gotta have em !! It's just another blue Z without them:D
hey did you notice and difference in paint from the 2 areas. i thought it wouldve have been 80/20 no stripes so im a little surprised. anyway, i was going to do it just wanted to see what yall thought. should have wed! ill post pics when i get it back. btw, i am going silver to match my painted silver wheels.

#20 ·
I like it. I thought the 1996 Corvette Grand Sport was awesome looking, and the 2004 Z16 is also one sharp ride with the stripes and chrome/polished wheels. I think it looks better knowing that it came like that from the factory, than if you add them yourself, I dont know why, but thats my weird way of thinking, lol! Mike :rofl:

#25 ·
Depends on the car. I dont think stripes look good on C5's because of the rounded design. The C4 looks excellent with stripes and I think the C6 will as well.

#26 ·
It was an excellent movie... oh... wait... on a car. Yes, I like stripes. I'd try it with decals first though before painting. It will cost more that way, but I've seen some cars that the stripes were too narrow or spaced too far apart. It would suck to have it painted on and have it not be exactly how you wanted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.