Finally! - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Finally!

I know I am amongst friends now. It only 40 years to achieve but when I took on the responsibility of owning a Vett, I wanted to get the one that I wanted and have money to treat her like the lady she is. I paid $29,950 cash. I also have $33,000 to spend on tasteful improvements. She is a 2004 C5 Z06 with 12,294 miles as she sits in the garage. She is a bone stock hardtop Fastback in flawless condition. My wife and I drove from Tampa, FL to Austin, TX and back for her. I will definitely start with rubber all around and replace all brake components within the wheel. The air box and filter will get an upgrade as well as the exhaust, manifold to exhaust tip. She has to breathe. I'm really happy to be here and gladly welcome input on how best to do the afore mentioned best as well as suggestions on how best to spend the rest $$. Thank you everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:56 PM
Z06 Authority

Re: Finally!

Welcome to the party. Enjoy. I put a Halltech cold air intake on my 03 first and then a corsa exhaust with X pipe. I didn't notice any seat of the pants difference until I had both the intake and exhaust and then only above legal speed limits.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 11:08 PM

Re: Finally!

If you have that much money to put into upgrades, and actually want to spend it all on upgrading the car then I would ask, what are your goals for the car?

Track day hero?
Drag racing?
High Speed Highway roll racing?
Just for fun to take to car shows in your area and cruise around in something that makes people look in your direction?

My advice for you based on your first post and absolutely nothing else is to do heads, cam, valve train, intake, long tube headers, and X pipe and exhaust. It will give your car that lopey idle that sounds really aggressive sitting still and it will scream if you jump on the throttle. If you dont want to draw much attention to yourself they make exhausts that are more quiet that will still let the car breathe, so a little less screaming, a little. A motor is nothing more than a glorified air pump. Figure out how to move more air (and the proportionate amount of fuel) and you will get places...quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > Introductions > Introduce yourself