Corvette Z06 Forum banner

First Corvette - Went all in!

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  YumaZ06 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I just purchased a brand new 2016 Z06. It was a combination of a birthday gift to myself and midlife crisis haha.

Before this, I owned a 2007 Nissan 350z Nismo. I loved that car, but the tech was getting pretty outdated and 306 hp is just not fast by today's standards.

I did a fair amount of research before I decided to get the car. I was also looking at the Tesla S (they don't have a dealership here in Michigan), older lamborghinis (was quickly talked out of this endeavor due to how expensive the maintenance was) and the Nissan GT-R (awesome, but $50k more than the vette with less style).

It was a very hard choice. Gun metal grey, arctic white, black and even admiral blue (my dealer had one). I finally narrowed it down.. I could either of got the admiral blue in automatic, or arctic white in manual... having driving a stick my entire life I wanted a stick, but all of the positive praise about the automatic almost swayed me over.

At the end of the day, I'm happy with the choice I made. I got the red interior, black aluminum wheels in arctic white... and man.. it looks amazing. I literally feel like this car could change my life. When I drive this thing around people literally stare at me. So far within one day, multiple people have already given me a thumbs up.

The most hilarious thing was my neighbor... I live in a condo complex and I've been here for over 3 years... neighbors have never even said hello to me. Today when one of my neighbors saw it in my driveway, they came up to me and introduced themselves and suddenly wanted to know all about me, and what I did etc... it's totally insane.

That aside, the car itself is phenomenal. I'm still in shock to be honest... I literally can't believe the power it has. I used to think my 350z was pretty fast... but 306hp to 650hp is a huge difference.

The only problem I have with it so far, is that the touch screen seems a bit unresponsive (same issue with my 2014 cadillac) and also, the car causes me to worry... I'm terrified to leave it unattended in public. I just keep imagining some moron parking next to me and slamming their door open into my brand new car.

Other than that, it is F@#$(@# awesome... they say money can't buy happiness, but I'm smiling ear to ear when I'm driving this thing!

See less See more
#6 ·
Nice! I'm all pea green with envy :D

#7 ·
Congrats! Great intro story!

I'll be curious to see if you are still happy with the stick choice after a year...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.