Corvette Z06 Forum banner

New here, Z06

911 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Onurb 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new here, I'm from Chile, this is my first Corvette and I love it ! Yesterday I've bought a 2009 34.000 kms Z06, with ADV1 20" , Borla exhaust and k&n intake... It's really impressive, my previous Car was a Lotus Elise SC that I love, but a friend make me a good offer so I let it go...

The only bad thing is that is too loud for me in the inside ... And the owner didn't have the original exhaust.

On the other side , under the the Z06 side badge, it says "Black edition" , is there any black edition..?

I will try to lean from the vast experience that you guys have in Vettes.

Thanks for the space !

Pd: sorry for the bad pics ...
I took them yesterday when I was going to test the car.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
First off, welcome to :z: and congrats on the new Z.

I am not familiar with a 'Black Edition' label but perhaps I've just never heard anyone talk about it (or it could be a label put on by an aftermarket vendor).

As for the interior sound, the Borla exhaust system is a pretty loud one. I put one on my '02 shortly after I bought it and loved the sound. I realize not everyone feels the same way.
You could go back to the original oem exhaust if you can find one and there are other ways to add insulation to the floorboard and around the shifter that might baffle the sound to some degree. Maybe others might have some ideas on that.

Have fun with your Z!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.