Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Won NCM Raffle for 2017 Z06

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jub jub 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I have been on the site and even longer since I owned a corvette. That has all changed now. On April 13th I won the NCM raffle for a 2017 Watkins Grey Z06, 2LZ, 8sp auto, Ceramic Brakes, Carbon Flash hood stripe, mirrors, spoiler, performance data recorder and Chrome Wheels.

Can't wait to do the factory tour, museum delivery and pick up my new ride.

Has any other Z06Vette member been lucky enough to win a new Z06 from the NCM?

Looking forward to being back in the game and a more productive member on this site.

#3 ·
Just have to pay the taxes. Quite the bargain.:wink2:

I owned a 68' Convertible with a 427 years ago and spent a few days driving a 2015 Stingray around the Arizona desert. Can't wait to experience the Z06.

#4 ·
Yeppers, quite an awesome feeling when the Museum calls you. I won a Build your own C6Z06 back in October 2005. Had all the options. $64k invoice. I had to pay $17K to the museum to get the car out the door. That was for Federal taxes. A friend of mine was the best because we trailered it back to Maryland. To get registration and tags, I had to cough up $3500.00 to the MVA. Winner's tax or some BS to get your money. Then, the Fed, despite paying for taxes up front, add the whole invoice cost to your income. So another $6K at tax time.
So $26K for a $64K vehicle isn't so bad, is it? It is when you owe two mortgages, 20K in cc debt. Why didn't I sell it? 'Cause it was so Damn Fun! What a car. it was a blast for three years. Then things happen and daughter needs a car and it's your only asset. I do miss it very much.

Oh yeah, the day I picked it up, is my avatar. They also have the picture on the wall at the front entrance.

#5 ·
I thought I remembered somebody else from the site winning one.

And yes, could definitely do other things with the money.

104K Sticker - $24,507 to get it out of the NCM.

Going to have Intercity truck it back to NY.

Never got over the fact that I sold my 68' convertible, going to do everything I can to hang on to this one. :yeadog:

#7 ·
Just one Jub.

I will by a raffle ticket if I see a Z06 raffle with a color combo I like or a build your own raffle.

Can't complain, I have been pretty lucky in my life.:grin2:

Regards,
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.