Corvette Z06 Forum banner

2016 Z06/Z07 Alignment Issues

5K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Mfar 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

I bought a 2016 Z06/Z07 about a month ago. From day one it pulled to the right. I replaced the CUP2 tires to Michelin PSS and took it to Reliable Chevrolet for alignment. Problem was not resolved, so I took it back. After the second visit, the car pulled to the left, so I made the third visit and now the car is unpredictable, it goes straight for a while, then it may pull to either left or right.

I called Stonebriar Chevrolet and they said they do not have the equipment to align Z06. I called NTB and they said they do not have the software update for 2016 Z06.

The pulling is not as noticeable as when I bought the car, but it is still annoying.

Any ideas?

#2 ·
Did you buy the car new? If so the factory will usually only pay for the alignment once within so many miles or months of the original purchase date.
I also notice that you stated that the car seems to "pull" left or right. Is it really a pull or is it drifting because of the crown in the road? Also I am sure you have been through this before but some of these cars have a tendency to kind of wiggle around because the tires like to follow the groves in the road. The last thing you can have done is find a tire dealer that can do what they call road force balance the tires. That will tell you if the tires are to far out of spec to even balance them or get them to go down the road straight. Last suggestion is see if your dealer has another C7 Z06/Z07 on the lot. Drive it, if it does the same stuff them its just inherent it the car you purchased. In other words learn to live with it or buy something different.

#3 ·
Yes, I bought the car new. It was pulling on CUP2 tires. I replaced them with PSS and it continued pulling. 3 seprate alignments at Chevy dealer has not fixed the problem.

This afternoon, I took the car to a Firestone shop that came recommended from a fellow at local Corvette club. They did another alignment and when looking at the before and after #s, there were not much difference. The car still pulls and it gets worse in Sport or Track mode.

#5 ·
They seemed ok last night at Firestone.

I met the service director at Reliable Chevrolet this morning, he didn't seem too eager to help and didn't even apologize once for the inconvenience. I also requested that a GM engineer or advisor be contacted in case they have a solution to my problem, he said his shop foreman, is not working today and he is the only person that can contact GM. He did say he will look into ordering the special tools (CH-47960 & CH-47960-10) for rear caster. He said to bring the car back Monday.

Additionally I have squeak and rattle noise in the cabin. I have mentioned this to them in 3 separate occasions. I even called Last Monday, made an appointment for the following Wednesday to address the noise issue. When arrived at dealership, service advisor said shop is too busy to look at the noise problem

I love the car but I am really disappointed with the service I am getting. This can't be good for GM reputation. I have 2 Italian cars and although servicing those cars is more expensive, at least they treat you with respect and show empathy.

#6 ·
I think its time you take your car to a different Chevy dealer. Normally the person that has direct contact with the factory is only the service director. That was BS lie number one and most of the rest that he told you was total crap. My family owned a Ford dealership in St. Louis from 1969 until 2011 when I sold it, so I know the crap my employees used to tell people and I would want to just crawl into a hole sometimes at the stupid shit they said. My guess is your dealer doesn't have a dedicated, trained and certified Corvette tech. Go find a dealer that has one. You might start by asking the people you spoke with at the local club. The dealer I bought my car from has one tech that only works on corvettes and nothing else. He even is the only person that they allow to do oil changes on them so they are pretty dedicated to the car. Next thing you need to do is call the General Manager and speak to him about the poor service you have received. You will be getting a survey from Chevy soon so I am sure they don't want a bad CSI survey either. Last go to Facebook and leave a post on their page about the crappy service. They will either try to make it right and if they don't, then you know they don't give damn about you as a customer and need to find a different dealer for service. At this point you have done all the hard work by eliminating the tire and alignment as a problem. I don't know enough about the electro magnetic shock system and what all it changes on the car but they need to run a diagnostic of the selective ride system see if some thing is don't working properly and then check for any updates and possibly re-flash the PCM. If you ever get this figured out I would love to know what they find just out of curiosity sake. So if possible please keep us post on your progress. Wish you the best with your new ride.

#8 ·
Classic Chevrolet kept the car for 2 full days and tried 3 times (3 separate alignments) and the car still pulls to the right. The pulling is least noticeable in the Weather mode and gets worse as you move toward Tour, Sport & Track.

If the cross-slope is drastically t o the left, then the car either goes straight or pulls to the left.

I think the problem is either in the steering system or structural/frame.

#9 ·
Did they tell you that it is fixed or this is all we can do so just live with it?

Did they have a Field Service Engineer look at you problem?

Did they give you a copy of the alignment printout?

Did they dive the car after they did each of the alignments to see if the condition was corrected?

Assuming that the dealer did everything to correct the problem and still hasn't fixed the concern you only have one option left, contact customer service and initiate a buyback under the lemon law provisions.

#10 ·
They said it was fixed and gave me a copy of the alignment sheets. They did 3 alignments within a 2 day span that the car was there. I don't think a field engineer looked at it.

I just started a dialog with Chevrolet Customer Assistance.

#11 ·
Hopefully the customer service rep will get copies of your service file and help expedite getting a FSE out to verify your problem. Usually those guys have direct access to the plant engineers and can get the more difficult problems remedied. I hope the dealership doesn't tell the customer service rep that all is fine and no need to send out a FSE. You may have to be a little persistent with the rep to get it looked at by the FSE, but it will pay off.

Reactions: jub jub
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.