3Likes
  • 1 Post By chjw
  • 1 Post By Mufflerbearing
  • 1 Post By chjw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Z06 Authority

My 2017 Z06 Custom Order

Since money is an object and I do not have unlimited resources I have been toying with different colors and options trying to find a balance between cost, performance and appearance. Here is what I've come up with so far:
1. Z06 Coupe 3LZ
2. Watkins Glen Gray Metallic (G7Q)
3. Spice Red Design Package (ZLE) which includes spice red, perforated napa leather seating surfaces (755), dark red-painted brake calipers (J6K), Chrome Badge Package (EYK) and 19Ē x 10Ē front/20Ē x 12Ē rear, Z06 10- spoke blade, pearl nickel-painted aluminum wheels (Q8U)
4. Standard GT Bucket (AQ9)
5. Body-color painted exterior vents (EFY)
6. eLSD rear axle with 3.42 ratio (GU6)
7. 6.2L (376 ci) supercharged V8 DI engine (LT4)
8. Jake logo center caps, (RXH)
9. Carbon Flash-Painted Ground Effects Package (CFZ)
10. Battery protection package (ERI)
11. Chevrolet MyLink Radio with performance data recorder and Navigation (IO6)
12. 7-speed manual transmission (MEK)
13. Carbon Flash-painted outside mirrors (TTV)
14. Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package Carbon Flash

That works out to about $97,500. Current price discounts and cash allowances on the GM Build and Price online suggest a $6,900 price reduction putting the price at about $90,600. With the money out of my 2007, it looks possible. Tomorrow I retire. Do I spend retirement money before all that really matters are batteries for my channel changer or do I just talk about it like a guy that is all hat and no cows? You cannot cut the tag if you don't take the shot. Responsibility versus Irresponsibility. Want versus need. One thing is certain, you must live while alive. Ya all have a great New Year. Research continues!
bruce5793 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:40 AM
Z06 Addict

Garage
Re: My 2017 Z06 Custom Order

Regardless of how you price it etc. I say if you want it, buy it.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:45 AM
Z06 Master

Unless you know of something worth waiting for in 2018, I'd say buy it. In my old age I've seen too many people here today and gone tomorrow.
bruce5793 likes this.

02 EB/Mod Red, LPE C5R 427 TT, Kirban/Delrin, Brembo, HRE, 722 rwhp, 743 rwtq, SOLD
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Geez Greg, buy the car brutha! You know you want to

Mike

2002 Procharged (F1-C) 427LSX 821rwhp/751rwtq
9.87 at 141mph & 2007 Black C6 Z06
Vette Magazine article
1/4 mile pass
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 09:38 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ06 View Post
Geez Greg, buy the car brutha! You know you want to

Mike
What Mike said!
As long as you can pay your bills and buy food...F' it - you only go around once!

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
'04 MS/Blk - Z06Fest IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI - WinterFest I "Bus Driver",WinterFest IV
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Z06 Member

Greg--Go for it. I traded my 07 ZO6 and ordered the car almost like yours, different colors and wheels, etc. but a stick. Never looked back. Lot of money, but my last one. I'm just semi-retired and over 70, but what a car you are going to have!!

Go take the "buyers tour" for $800. That will be an experience of a lifetime. Best "car" thing I ever did. You have to order one to get to go watch it.

Good Luck.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Z06 Authority

Thanks for the comments. You all speak the truth.

I am beginning discussions with dealer. Not yet what I'd call negotiations. There are several locals that said they want my car if I ever get rid of it. l have also initiated contact to see if that was talk or if they are serious. Dealer probably wondering the same thing about me at this point.

What do you think is a price that is fair to both buyer and seller. Here is a little about my Black 2007 Z. It has to be north of $40,000 or I'll probably just keep driving it.

Iím about now at 50 coats of C Magic so it really pops and looks like a new car. Excellent condition. It sits in the garage and the truck sits outside. The tires are good. I guess Iím part waxer and part driver. The car has about 32,000 miles with 2LZ option package. It has a Halltech cold air intake, Callaway shifter, Corsa exhaust and X pipe, floor mats, hood liner with Z06 logo, speed lingerie bra and car cover. It also has a Valentine One radar detector mounted on the mirror and hard wired. When the car is on the detector is on. I will sell that with the car. I have never dropped the clutch on it. Acceleration fun is always from a roll. It has not been raced. Finding another used Z06 like that would be highly unlikely. I have the original intake, shifter and exhaust which would go with the car. All fluids- radiator, brake, transmission, clutch and differential- and all belts and spark plugs replaced last year to the tune of a little over $1,000. Of course, Mobil One goes in once a year or every 3,000 miles or so. Always runs on no ethanol premium. All you have to do is buy it and drive it. Battery stays on a tender but I intend to replace the battery when the car comes out next spring. I donít go more than 5 years on a battery so I replace them before they quit.

You can find cheaper 2007 Zís so if ďcheapĒ is the motivation, you donít want mine. If you want a great car at a fair price to both buyer and seller, this is the one.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Z06 Addict

Garage

I have to ask about the changes you've made to the car, were they worth it. I have contemplated the same mods Corsa exhaust, Halltech beehive and a MGW shifter. The only reason I have though about the shifter is that I have sometimes missed third and hit fifth when speed shifting.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Z06 Member

So many issues when trying to decide what to do with trading/buying, etc. My 2007 Black ZO6 was just like yours in the care dept., 2LZ stick, but bone stock and 25k miles in Oct 2016. Upgrades included stereo (2k) and soundproofing entire car (another 2k). Never raced and immaculate care as yours. Several folks wanted it and we were in the 40k range; some trouble for some folks on financing. Didn't find anyone ready to pay cash.

Dealer offered 35k and 10k discount from list, therefore also allowing me the discount on the sales tax with the trade, which here in Texas would be 8.5% of 35k or another $2,975 I basically got 40k for the car. I buy a lot of vehicles from this dealer so he and I were both pleased. My 2007 was then bought immediately by one of the salesmen and the dealer financed it so it was easy for him and easy for me.

I have no idea about the premium one might expect for the upgrades; I do think there are negatives as well as positives for the upgrades. I don't feel like my upgrades bought me anything extra; The people that looked at my car were concerned about the care of the car; any repairs or accidents; mileage and storage issues, tires, batteries and maintenance history.

I do know the 07 ZO6 is one fine car and lots of times I wish I still had it. But, my new 2016 ZO6 is the most amazing car, and a step above the C6 ZO6. Good luck with your choices as you move forward.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Z06 Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I have to ask about the changes you've made to the car, were they worth it. I have contemplated the same mods Corsa exhaust, Halltech beehive and a MGW shifter. The only reason I have though about the shifter is that I have sometimes missed third and hit fifth when speed shifting.
I got the cold air intake first and didn't think I could tell any seat of the pants difference. Then came the Corsa exhaust. At that point I thought I could tell a difference, but probably not that noticeable until north of 80 miles an hour. I thought it pulled harder. Last came the shifter. I love the sound of the Corsa so even if it did not add horsepower, I love the sound. No regrets there. I couldn't miss a shift with the Callaway if I tried. Very positive, but you hold left going from 1st to 2nd, You can slam 2nd to 3rd. Never miss. 3rd to 4th nothing special. 4th to 5th have to hold right. Shifting takes more effort than factory, but shifts are precise.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Z06 Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert63 View Post
So many issues when trying to decide what to do with trading/buying, etc. My 2007 Black ZO6 was just like yours in the care dept., 2LZ stick, but bone stock and 25k miles in Oct 2016. Upgrades included stereo (2k) and soundproofing entire car (another 2k). Never raced and immaculate care as yours. Several folks wanted it and we were in the 40k range; some trouble for some folks on financing. Didn't find anyone ready to pay cash.

Dealer offered 35k and 10k discount from list, therefore also allowing me the discount on the sales tax with the trade, which here in Texas would be 8.5% of 35k or another $2,975 I basically got 40k for the car. I buy a lot of vehicles from this dealer so he and I were both pleased. My 2007 was then bought immediately by one of the salesmen and the dealer financed it so it was easy for him and easy for me.

I have no idea about the premium one might expect for the upgrades; I do think there are negatives as well as positives for the upgrades. I don't feel like my upgrades bought me anything extra; The people that looked at my car were concerned about the care of the car; any repairs or accidents; mileage and storage issues, tires, batteries and maintenance history.

I do know the 07 ZO6 is one fine car and lots of times I wish I still had it. But, my new 2016 ZO6 is the most amazing car, and a step above the C6 ZO6. Good luck with your choices as you move forward.
Thanks for the thoughtful response and taking the time to do it. Wife said last night (I plied her with fine wine) "Let's do it." So that obstacle is cleared. I didn't ask her this morning if it was the wine or if she really meant it. As a guy, I am assuming she really meant it. Now to see about whether a deal is possible. This is sort of like hunting and I like the chase.
MikesZ06 likes this.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Z06 Member

Greg--So, good hunting!! You just retired; I'm right there with you, just dabbling a little still in a company I sold. Last year (2016) I lost two of my golfing buddies to massive strokes. Another had a stroke and is now paralyzed from the waist down. So, I'm saying YOU ONLY GO AROUND ONCE. I went to Bowling Green and watched my car get made. That's where I heard the statement that the C7 ZO6 is an absolute bargain. Anything close to it is twice the price. Then I went to the driving school and I've posted that story; learning how to drive the car under various conditions including flat out racing. I would recommend it to all who buy this fantastic car. You can adjust the car to ride easy or stiff, loud or not, handle tight or not, or race or take your wife to dinner.

You got your wife's approval--hard part is done. Now, go for it and promise us all you will report all about it.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:01 PM

Congrats on the purchase! I'm sure custom ordering a Z06 is a great feeling - driving it makes every day Christmas haha
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 04:20 PM

pretty close to my 16, but mine is convertible. I would upgrade the seats, well worth it, fits nice, unless you are carrying more than a little extra baggage. Stripes look awesome on it.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot.swartz View Post
pretty close to my 16, but mine is convertible. I would upgrade the seats, well worth it, fits nice, unless you are carrying more than a little extra baggage. Stripes look awesome on it.
I think maybe some folks are missing the point...Greg is not looking to upgrade his current Z but rather contemplating a brand new one.

Mike

2002 Procharged (F1-C) 427LSX 821rwhp/751rwtq
9.87 at 141mph & 2007 Black C6 Z06
Vette Magazine article
1/4 mile pass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C7 Z06 Specific Topics > C7 Z06 - Grandstand