Corvette Z06 Forum banner

What possibly cause this brand new z06 to crash? Video

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mpdugas 
#1 ·
The car is going in a perfectly straight line with traction and suddenly pulls to the right and end up in a tree. Im wondering what did the driver do?

#8 ·
I guess I will jump in here-----
Desibaba--Please do a bunch of studying before you spend your money on anew ZO6. First, the ECO mode does no good under full throttle, so you can put it in that mode forever and it won't help if you want to go fast in a straight line.

The Ron Fellows School is $1,000, which is discounted for new model year owners. It's just outside Las Vegas in the mountains and very worthwhile to attend. You will not need to take your car as a ZO6 in the same configuration as yours will be provided for you.

Please take the time to get acquainted with all the ZO6 has to offer and slow down so we won't be reading your obituary. Best of luck to you on your quest for speed.

#11 ·
He lost traction, took his foot off of the gas when it scared him, and the rear wheels slowed down. When they slowed enough to regain traction, they pushed the car straight in the direction it was pointed, due to the slide causing the car to swerve, because the driver did not uncouple the drive-train from the engine.

It is a real problem with automatics; you have to be able to get to uncouple the motor from the drive wheels quickly either by clutching or getting into neutral to avoid the slowing tires hooking up again while you are pointed in a bad direction.

I know the F1 automatic of Ferrari allows the operator to pull both paddles simultaneously to go straight to neutral while in manual shifting mode.

Does the A8 have anything like that to enable the driver to get into neutral as fast as possible? I only have a GS/M6 and no experience with this particular automatic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.