Corvette Z06 Forum banner

blower noise

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Wes Burmark 
#1 ·
Hey guys I took delivery of my 2016 Z06 last week, just some subtle similarities to my 08 Z06 but an incredible amount of new stuff and the owners manual and I are getting rather close. I now have 403 miles on the vehicle and have been playing the game by GM rules and have not exceeded 4K RPMs yet but 500 miles is almost here, then oil change and some fun!

I do have a question for you folks, I had noticed zero blower whine until it seemed around 350 miles while in city stop and go traffic I heard that unmistakable Whine! Does GM do something to the blower that only lets it go at like 1/4 efficiency or something till a certain mileage, it seemed the blower suddenly made itself heard. Is this normal?
Karl

#2 ·
Haven't driven or heard the new C7Z so I can't answer your question. The new Z does utilize a roots type blower so it should be actually boosting a little at lower rpms (unlike a centrifugal blower) and should be at least a little noticeable at all times. Perhaps GM does have some electronic wizardry that I'm not familiar with but I really don't know.
It is an interesting question though.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.