Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Traction Control Doesn't Seem to Work

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Karl Kostman 
#1 · (Edited)
I have 2016 A8 Z06 for about 2 months. I have tried 0-60 runs, but cannot get rear tires to bite. The car jumps to the left no matter what mode I select. I admit, I probably don't have good technique, but car breaks loose and loses significant time even in Touring mode. I have yet to try launch control. Am I wrong in assuming that TCS should interfere in initial wheel slip? Maybe the electronic differential is NG. Is there any possibility of fluid issues in differential. Would appreciate the input of some of you smart people out there. Thanks, Mike M. PS I haven't noticed if TCS light is flashing because I've been too busy making sure the car goes straight!!

#2 ·
Hey MikeMNH I have a 16 Z06 and what I have found out with the traction control on my car is if I jump on it in say 1st gear the tires will spin for about 1/4 of a second then the control gets hold of it and you dont feel it again, and yes the TCS light is flashing all the time your doing this. I have never felt any type of anything weird with mine, you can tell the computer is keeping the tires just on the right side of spinning, it is much better at controlling this than I have ever been. I think you have a problem somewhere in your system Mike. If I had to surmise the TCS in my car with one word it would be "AWESOME"!
I wish i could tell you what it might be, but sorry on that one. Good luck!
Karl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.