03 Z06 Badly Damaged - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Grandstand
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

03 Z06 Badly Damaged

Sad to say and i did all i could to avoid it, If i had some warning that she was going to turn i would've probably avoided the situation but i was able to slightly move to avoid a head on which probably made it worse she hits my drivers side front wheel, locks up my steering. Hit the door and im going in another direction straight towards a parked car. My drivers side aint bad especially when you look at the passenger side.
Attached Thumbnails
03 Z06 Badly Damaged-20120615_191916.jpg   03 Z06 Badly Damaged-20120615_191041.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member
Re: 03 Z06 Badly Damaged

<takes a moment of silence>

I read it yesterday in another thread. Sorry to hear about your loss. Good news is that you're OK and your car is replaceable.

Corvette - Driven to be driven
ZOHBABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOHBABY View Post
<takes a moment of silence>

I read it yesterday in another thread. Sorry to hear about your loss. Good news is that you're OK and your car is replaceable.
Thanks, i just have to wait now and see what happens. This is going to take a while.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Location: Yuma, Az. ?????? Z06 Fest IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII & Winterfest 1,2,3 & 4
Lifetime Premium Member

Sorry to hear about this. Cars and parts can be replaced but at least you are ok. (I know it sucks that it happened).

Sig by GR8 White (modified by Speedratchet)
2004 MS/BLK
Still retired out in the middle of nowhere.
YumaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaZ06 View Post

Sorry to hear about this. Cars and parts can be replaced but at least you are ok. (I know it sucks that it happened).
thanks, finding another one like the one i had at the price will be close to impossible now. I looked for months before buying this one. Sad to say but i hope they junk the car i would not drive it after this accident at all, and wouldnt want anyone else to drive it either. The pictures dont show how bad this car looked and i would hate it to go on a used car lot and a sales person says ohh no worries it was a small ding and sell it to someone that doesnt know any better just because it looks good cosmetically. The air bags not even on the passenger side opened which is a little strange to say the least. I dont know but atleast the passenger side should have opened, not that it would've done me any good but if someone was sitting next to me and they could've been seriously injured or worse die. What pissed me off the most and its just principle and common sense is to ether aplogize or to ask if i was ok.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Sorry for the loss man!
MR.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.G View Post
Sorry for the loss man!
Thanks man, i just gotta take it for what it is. Funny thing is right before the accident the competition mode said it needed service. Either way hopefully soon ill be looking for another Z06. My friends keep trying to tell me to buy a cobra instead but once driving the Z06 and ive driven several cobra's. The lightweight, nimbleness and awesome braking just cant be touched. I really wanted a Z06 since 01. No matter what my friends tell me my first choice will be the Z06.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

That really sucks. I'm glad you are Ok.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

That does suck for sure. At least you are okay.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Glad you are OK! Sorry your baby is not. You'll find another (GM made a few of them :D)
Old 06-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

That sucks, but sounds like you're fine. Sorry for your loss. Just a car though, and you will learn to love again. I remember that feeling all too well, watching my M5 get dragged up on to the tow truck.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

well i got word from the adjuster that the car is totaled out. Now i need a letter to present it to a lender when im buying my next car because it takes time to drop off the credit. Sad thing is i absolutly cant find anything on EBAY, Autotrader, Cars.com that is about the same price that i paid for mines, suuuuccckkkkssss. Everything is higher with higher miles. Cant buy private party since i have to finance, im sure there are private party loans not sure how easy they are to get. LOL, hate going through buying a car. This will be 2 cars in one month. Miss my Z06.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to mdickie Send a message via MSN to mdickie
Lifetime Premium Member

Sorry to hear about all of this, went through a similar situation a few years back, but mine was almost totally cosmetic and very little mechanical.

Good luck eith the search.

Do not worry about the world ending today, it is already tomorrow in Australia...
mdickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06MK View Post
well i got word from the adjuster that the car is totaled out. Now i need a letter to present it to a lender when im buying my next car because it takes time to drop off the credit. Sad thing is i absolutly cant find anything on EBAY, Autotrader, Cars.com that is about the same price that i paid for mines, suuuuccckkkkssss. Everything is higher with higher miles. Cant buy private party since i have to finance, im sure there are private party loans not sure how easy they are to get. LOL, hate going through buying a car. This will be 2 cars in one month. Miss my Z06.
You may be able to arrange a private party sale with a loan through your bank. My credit union even provides transfer paperwork and notary service at no charge.
XFordGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

i need to find another credit union. Mine on a used car not private party through a dealer would not do more then 36 months on a 03 vette and there are a ton of stepulations and so on. I went through wells fargo and no problem got 60 months a low rate and was done. I have 2 paid off auto's through my credit union as well. In california ive come to realize not too many banks do private party loans.

They have the option but as soon as you click the option tab to say what state you live in it will not give the private party option anymore. I know there are companies out there like roadloans but they are stupid high on the interest rates.

My situation is i need to speak to someone so i can explain to them why its not my 3rd car and its my 2nd car since my vette is a total loss now, it will show on my credit for a while till they update it. They wont approve me when they think its a 3rd vehicle, nother dillema i gotta deal with as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Grandstand