Corvette = No Respect - Page 9 - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Grandstand
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 AM   #121 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Re: Corvette = No Respect

Wow this thread I started over 3 years ago is still going albeit kinda got a lil messy there part way through. Nice to see everyones take on the subject & I've always agreed that who cares about whether other people respect the car or not (I did buy one afterall) we corvette owners know what we have & that is all that matters.
Thanks for the interesting read.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #122 (permalink)

Location: Yuma, Az. ?????? Z06 Fest IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII & Winterfest 1,2,3 & 4
Lifetime Premium Member

Glad to see you are still here all this time. Yeah, old dogs do get kicked every once in a while and get woken up. btw older ones have surfaced also.

Sig by GR8 White (modified by Speedratchet)
2004 MS/BLK
Still retired out in the middle of nowhere.
YumaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #123 (permalink)

In my age group (30+) corvettes are seen as rich man/kids cars many of whom wreck their cars or can’t drive them to their fullest potential. Many corvette owners around my area don’t wrench on their cars they take them to local shops and have them built and typically don’t have a clue what cam or fuel injectors they currently have installed are.

I started out racing junk and was fortunate enough to finally own a corvette after wanting one for many years. I can say the corvette community as a whole is one of the most upstanding communities I have had the pleasure to deal with but at the same time some owners can really come across as Elitist Snobs.

I am a combat veteran and I have seen enough strife for one life time so when I have trouble at a car show with someone telling me how his new corvette is superior in every way over mine I tend to not want to attend any more events.
As for respect if there is one thing I have learned in my short time here on earth it’s that respect must be earned, it can’t just be given.

Thanks,
John
2A372C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #124 (permalink)

I'm 51 and I have owned in the past 10 years 94' GSR, 00' Integra type R, WRX SW 04', 04', 05"STI, 00' E46 M3, pair of 96' NSX's, 71'-240z, 06-'Civic SI and by far my 06' C6 Z06 is the best band for the buck 505hp thrilling ride I have ever own and it's american made.
gp2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp2race View Post
I'm 51 and I have owned in the past 10 years 94' GSR, 00' Integra type R, WRX SW 04', 04', 05"STI, 00' E46 M3, pair of 96' NSX's, 71'-240z, 06-'Civic SI and by far my 06' C6 Z06 is the best band for the buck 505hp thrilling ride I have ever own and it's american made.
Sounds like you needed some proper Bowling Green, Kentucky Bourbon to wash all that rice out of your system ;-)
z06blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #126 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mach1usmc

From what I've read and from the reviews I've seen the biggest knock on the Vette is the interior. MANY have said but for the interior, especially the Z06/ZR1, the Vette truly would be considered a "Super Car. " So if Chevy truly wants to have a bonafied world recognized SuperCar, all they have to do is make the interior match the performance. Of course this will add to the price by 5-10k. But heck, the ZR1 is already 100k+, what's another 10 grand? Even with that it would still be cheaper by a long shot than it's rivals.

Just my .02
Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #127 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Haters
M3eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #128 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

I really don't the interior is that bad, sure it's not leather. I bought the car for performance not what the interior looks like. I would rather they spend the money on the suspension and power plant (and it looks like they did!).
dennyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #129 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Personally I don't think the whiners hating on the interior have a clue. I love my 09 and I love the purposeful functionality of it. Chevy spent a lot of money on ergonomic design to put everything in the best possible place in terms of ease of use and to make it possible for the driver to spend his/her time looking out the window instead of searching the dash/console/door panels/floor boards/steering wheel ad nauseum for the particular chrome or wood or leather covered button or other doo hickey to turn the damb radio down.

I do have the leather wrapped dash option and it looks sweet, but my 08 coupe's vinyl/leather interior looked awful fine too.

I've looked at the "supercars" interiors - they are pretty - at a pretty price, on the other hand I find them a bit over hyped.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:26 AM   #130 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mach1usmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy99 View Post
I really don't the interior is that bad, sure it's not leather. I bought the car for performance not what the interior looks like. I would rather they spend the money on the suspension and power plant (and it looks like they did!).
I don't think anybody except for maybe Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear BBC) is knocking the performance of the Vette. It's right up there or is better than with most of it's Euro contemporaries. But when you look at the interior of a Z06 vs an R8 for example. Pretty close in performance and price range- there is NO comparison on interiors. Some people (like you and I for example) couldn't care less about the interior, as long as it's not completely plebian. BUT, to truly reach the widest audience and to be fairly compared on it's qualities, both interior and performance, Chevy needs to do better with the interior.

I belong to quite a few forums... they all have respect for the Vettes performance.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #131 (permalink)
Z06 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1usmc View Post
I don't think anybody except for maybe Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear BBC) is knocking the performance of the Vette. It's right up there or is better than with most of it's Euro contemporaries. But when you look at the interior of a Z06 vs an R8 for example. Pretty close in performance and price range- there is NO comparison on interiors. Some people (like you and I for example) couldn't care less about the interior, as long as it's not completely plebian. BUT, to truly reach the widest audience and to be fairly compared on it's qualities, both interior and performance, Chevy needs to do better with the interior.

I belong to quite a few forums... they all have respect for the Vettes performance.

The interior is a complaint I hear often. Personally, I bought my Z for performance rather that the interior...and I like the outside looks. However, if I could get an interior with the fit and finish of an Audi in a Vette I wouldn't mind in the least bit.
Don Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Grandstand