Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Did Battery Tender damage my car?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jub jub 
#1 ·
Just about to take the Z out after long winter and three year old battery was dead. After checking I noticed that my battery charger tender switch was set on 6 volts not 12 volts. I have no idea how this happened or when. I checked the voltage at the battery and it showed 3.72 volts. I since have disconnected the battery and put the charger tender back on and after 9 hours it now reads 11.8 volts. My questions are do you think my battery will be okay and do you think I might have damage the computer in the car? I haven't tried to start it yet as I'm waiting for the tender green light to come on (meaning fully charged):sad: My original battery lasted from 04 till 2013.

#3 ·
Well, that's good news! I would recommend plugging the tender into a good surge suppressor. I once had a nearby lighting strike take out my ECBM which was almost 1000 bucks to replace, and I did the labor. It cost another $125.00 to have the dealer program it with a Tech II.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.