Corvette Z06 Forum banner

hood latch problem

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JETBLU 
#1 ·
Today, for the first time, my hood will not open. Only the driver's side latch releases.

Any idea how to fix this?

thanks

#2 ·
There are 2 cables coming into the latch handle assembly. My guess would be that 1 of the cables has come off from its plastic mount. If you pull out on the handle you should expose enough cable to grab the defect one with a pair of pliers or needle nose, and give it a tug. If the cable moves freely and won't release the hood latch, you might have a broken cable or it came loose in the engine bay. Now it gets tough, jack up car, remove wheel, remove inner fender panel, use a long screw driver to trip the latch. This happen to me on my C4. The cable came off at the handle. Easy fix. Good luck.

Chas.

#3 ·
BSB405Hp said:
Today, for the first time, my hood will not open. Only the driver's side latch releases.

Any idea how to fix this?

thanks
That happened to me once on my '95 Impala SS...pulled handle & it clicked...then no tension at all...but hood opened just a bit. I pushed the hood down to close it completely, with a bit of force...& presto...it was fixed...& never happened again! Not sure if this would apply to a C5...but give it a shot before you start disassembling the car...just give both sides of the hood (over the latches) a firm push closed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.