How do you remove dealer badge? - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Grandstand
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2003, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

How do you remove dealer badge?

I would like to remove the cheesey dealer badge on the back of my car but I'm afraid of messing up the paint. It's black so any little scratch will show. Any ideas on how to get these things off?
jevans74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2003, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Location: Houston, Z06 Fest Non-Attendee I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X :(
Lifetime Premium Member
Where did you buy it?

Which dealer?

Demand that THEY take it off and repair any scratches... that is unacceptable!!!

In fact send them an invoice for $50 per day advertizing rental.

-Paul

MTI/Katech/Englandgreen CamZilla LS7 Z07, Kooks, Fast Intake, Stock Ti SAE 570rwhp & 530ft-lb N/A @ Englandgreen, Houston
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Z06 Pilot

Tell the dealer principal owner if he can't do it you'll find an attorney who will! Sort of kidding here, but I would be furious. Dealer should remove this for you, free of charge, no questions asked, do it right, and apologize for your inconvenience.
ST1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member
No - really - which dealer? Sounds like you need an introduction to a Corvette friendly and knowledgable dealer around here.

MTI/Katech/Englandgreen CamZilla LS7 Z07, Kooks, Fast Intake, Stock Ti SAE 570rwhp & 530ft-lb N/A @ Englandgreen, Houston
Old 04-11-2003, 11:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Z06 Authority

Send a message via MSN to Manteuffel Send a message via Yahoo to Manteuffel
I took mine off the 2nd day I had the car.
At first I thought it was going to be a nightmare, but it was very easy indeed.
My 'dealer sticker' was done using 'sticky letters'. After taking a deep breath, I used my fingernails to pull one end of one letter and it came right off. I didn't need to wash anything after I took the entire dealer logo out.
After that, I used a high power lamp to search for any scratches, but none were found. (not even the edges of the 'sticky letters' were there!

Good luck.

G.

P.S. Ah, almost forgot, don't even think about using any sort of sticker remover on your new paintjob.
2002 QuickSilver ZO6 Vararam VR-2B, Silicone Coupler, Alpine SPS-080A, SPS-130A Speakers, Chrome Exhaust Plate, Custom Shorty Antenna, Sleepy Eyes w/Bi-xenon HID Conversion. AMSOIL Series 2000 0W30, AMSOIL Series 2000 75W90, AMSOIL Series 2000 ATF. Dyno before VR: 370.2 hp, 353 tq

Last edited by Manteuffel; 04-12-2003 at 12:02 AM.
Manteuffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 12:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Z06 Member

THe easiest way to remove those pesky stickers is to use a blow dryer. Let it warm up the sticker a bit, then pull it off. Use easy pulling pressure and pull at a sharp angle to the panel, as in almost touching the sticker back onto itself. Works every time with no residue left. Good luck.
2k1Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 03:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Z06 Master

Blow Dryers work the best. I cannot beleive that a dealer would put a sticker on a Z06? Sad stuff..........
JTBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 06:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Like the others said, heat it up a little and pull it off. Then polish the area when you're done.

I specifically told my dealer NOT to put one of their stickers on my car, unless they want to split the car payments with me.:D
Toms03Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 06:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Z06 Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to WayneE
In MD, it's against the law for them to put one of their emblems/stickers on the car without your written consent.

When I removed the warning stickers from my motorcycle, I used a blow dryer to heat the sticker and then WD40 to clean up the residue.

For the emblems that are raised and attached using the body molding double sided tape, I've seen guys use fishing line to cut the emblem off, then a hairdryer/WD40 to remove the tape left on the car.

Good luck.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member
I peeled mine off as soon as I got home with my fingernail. A hairdryer would work to help soften it, just don't get it too hot.
It shouldn't leave any scratches if it is black tape like mine was.
If they want me to advertise, they gotta pay me. Haha
14 335 10 2SS/RS Camaro (wife's ride)
aldrichc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 07:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Dude,don't take it back to the dealer. Your lucky enough to get your vette at delivery with-out a scratch. Most new car dealers hire young teen-agers in there prep dept. who don't have a clue to what is going on. Every time you go back to the dealer you are opening your self up for needless damage to your car, You can't imagine how many dealership employee's are involved with your car,then when someting happens they all say "I don't know". Your best bet is to do it your self or find a quality detail shop.
ZO6GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

It's not a sticker it's one of those raised badges attached using double sided sticky tape the same way the Z06 emblem is attached to the side of the car or a Cobra on the side of a Mustang. The dealer was landmark in Houston and it was on the car before I bought it. Sad thing is they put it on crooked.
jevans74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 11:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member
Go back to LandShark (they do not have that name for nothing ) and DEMAND they take their badge off - and present them with an invoice for advertising.

Tell them that you are going to observe them to note any damage they may do to your car - Tell them they either do it - or tell them, (the salesman, sales manager, the general manager AND the dealer principal) that you WILL be moving to a new dealership.

Since they will be total a$$wipes like they always are, and won't bother helping you - thank them and walk out.

Tell them where you will be going - to Munday - one of the few competent and Corvette friendly Dealerships in Houston.

Also spread the word - if folks do not wish to take up the fantastic prices offered by the out-of-state forum dealers (and I am by no means trying to slight Rick or any other forum dealers here - you guys rock, honestly) - that for those folks who choose to spend their money in Houston - Munday will meet anyone's price on Z06's - and has the aftersales service to match. (Having decent dealer has made surviving all the "character flaws" of the Z06 very bearable)

They are also, as I have said VERY Corvette friendly and knowledgeable (the resident Corvette Guru & Shop Foreman drives a 400+hp heads and cam C5 )

Hook up with Pat Hall in service, and let him know Paul K with the QS Z06 sent you over.

-Paul

Old 04-12-2003, 11:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Z06 Authority

Glad my dealer is 'corvette friendly' Get it taken off !
Social_Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 03:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to vettemaan
They dont do that in California:D but i have seen it on ALOT of cars in other states, ide be pissed even if they put it on a Metro if it was mine.
"To establish the sports car, you have to race it." - Zora Arkus-Duntov
vettemaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Grandstand