Corvette Z06 Forum banner

More C6 information?

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  JBsC5 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Hehe - that link was posted about 15 minutes ago on another thread. It all sounds too good to be true!

The base corvette with 400 HP? I could see this happening if the GTO ends up with 350 HP.

Camless engine? I want that to be true more than anything else. Gimmie gimmie gimmie!

#5 ·
Testing:

Believe it or not, there are “C6’s” out testing right now. Although, any that leave the testing grounds are either in C5 or covered XLR drab. C6 alphas are rumored to be just getting the new bodies inside the proving grounds in Arizona and Michigan. We’ve also had confirmation that testing has been done at one private track in the southeast United States during late winter. Reports state that the C6 mule out lapped a Z06 by a large margin. Also, we expect, but have no confirmation that C6 mules are to be tested in northern Canada and Australia starting this fall. And if your feeing brave, and want to try to take a look for yourself, C6’s have been reportedly spotted running down the large back strait-away at GM’s Milford proving grounds just before dawn in the recent weeks

DID YOU SEE THIS GUYS I TOLD YOU ALL !!!!

#10 ·
Camless engine??? :eek: That is gonna probably irritate some after-market vendors! :lol:

Dan

#14 ·
Wow! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

That is the most exciting article I've read to date regarding the C6..... hopefully this will curb some of the negative remarks that have been made recently about the C6. I am getting pumped just thinking about what the future will bring..... :cheers:

#16 ·
This sounds too good. I wonder what sort of pricetag this technology and upgrade will carry?

#23 ·
Hmmm, lighter weight due to hydroforming innovations, 42 volt system, camless engine for C6 Z06 follow-on. Lots of technology to get right, more to get wrong. Think I will stick with my pattern of buying the second year of this model, worked pretty well this time around.

Yeah, 2007 sounds just about right - usually keep my Vettes 5-6 years.

:cheers:

#24 ·
BLEUBYU said:
Hmmm, lighter weight due to hydroforming innovations, 42 volt system, camless engine for C6 Z06 follow-on. Lots of technology to get right, more to get wrong. Think I will stick with my pattern of buying the second year of this model, worked pretty well this time around.

Yeah, 2007 sounds just about right - usually keep my Vettes 5-6 years.

:cheers:
i have the same plan.
2002 fixed 2001 problems.
Wouldn't the second gen C6 Z06 be out in 2006....MY2007?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.