Ridiculous question, Are yellow Z06's worth less than other colors? - Page 2 - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Grandstand
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Re: Ridiculous question, Are yellow Z06's worth less than other colors?

If it was a Ferrari and it was yellow do you think anyone would say squat. Personally I think yellow on a high performance sports car is awesome but the cops call it Yum Yum Yellow for a reason.

Black is stealthy.

Once you go black, you'll never go back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dperreault View Post
If it was a Ferrari and it was yellow do you think anyone would say squat. Personally I think yellow on a high performance sports car is awesome but the cops call it Yum Yum Yellow for a reason.

Black is stealthy.

Once you go black, you'll never go back.

Corvette - Driven to be driven
ZOHBABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Better than wearing your pants at your knees, or your hat sideways.
Zealot06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Own a Velocity Yellow 08' C6Z. Have recieved so many compliments on my Z. The compliments go something like this; "Hate yellow cars, but that is a beautiful yellow corvette." "That Yellow SNAPS!" "What is that yellow color called? It's beautiful!" I do numerous car shows and when I walk away with a 1st place trophy all I here from the other competitors is that I won because I have a yellow Corvette!!! VY is a hot color and does draw plenty attention from the police! I'm a Chicago Police Detective, and professional courtesy has saved my butt on numerous occasions!!! Speeding Ticket Yellow is how coppers describe my VY C6Z!! Bottom line, any color Z is badass! Enjoy the rush!!!
Voodooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Send a message via MSN to Blue Blood

Gotta love MY, why do you think the ALMS series cars were yellow? Cuz they are the fastest Corvettes! Red belongs on Ferrari. Silver belongs on Audi.

As the car sits today

Last edited by Blue Blood; 01-28-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Blue Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
SRK
Z06 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
Own a Velocity Yellow 08' C6Z. Have recieved so many compliments on my Z. The compliments go something like this; "Hate yellow cars, but that is a beautiful yellow corvette." "That Yellow SNAPS!" "What is that yellow color called? It's beautiful!" I do numerous car shows and when I walk away with a 1st place trophy all I here from the other competitors is that I won because I have a yellow Corvette!!! VY is a hot color and does draw plenty attention from the police! I'm a Chicago Police Detective, and professional courtesy has saved my butt on numerous occasions!!! Speeding Ticket Yellow is how coppers describe my VY C6Z!! Bottom line, any color Z is badass! Enjoy the rush!!!
That's interesting as my yellow '04 was purchased new in Chicago by a police officer. He sold the car to a Canuck on the west coast, and I bought the car from him.
And two months after I bought the car I got pulled over in a traffic stop for no reason - I got rousted just so they could get my name and address - and then with many apologies the officer let me go....
Coppers like yellow!
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Z06 Authority

Over the years I have noticed an Interesting feature of MY...Namely The Color & The Car take on so many different looks in different light conditions... More so than any other color I have observed ... After Nassau Blue I love the yellows ... Cyber Gray for stealth MY or VY for loud & fast :bump:
Montana: So Many Z06 Roads...So Little Time Z06/Z16#1571
maineyak_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Administrator

Lifetime Premium Member

Sorry guys, was just watching CNN and the President says there will be no more yellow sports cars produced and any who are still on the road after June 1 will be towed to a junkyard and their owners summarily shot.

It is believed that the yellow sports car is too flashy and sets their owners apart from the normal people (the huddling masses, etc) and in this new America it is important that no one should have or be thought to have more or be different from others.

What can I say, maybe paint it pink :eek2:

Mike

ps, tomorrow the President will announce his new policy on clothes. Most political pundants are expecting his new decree will call for everyone to wear the same clothes everyday. Many think he is opting for bib overalls and t-shirts but it's too early to tell. Stay tuned tomorrow for his announcement
MikesZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Z06 Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ06 View Post
Sorry guys, was just watching CNN and the President says there will be no more yellow sports cars produced and any who are still on the road after June 1 will be towed to a junkyard and their owners summarily shot.

It is believed that the yellow sports car is too flashy and sets their owners apart from the normal people (the huddling masses, etc) and in this new America it is important that no one should have or be thought to have more or be different from others.

Mike

ps, tomorrow the President will announce his new policy on clothes. Most political pundants are expecting his new decree will call for everyone to wear the same clothes everyday. Many think he is opting for bib overalls and t-shirts but it's too early to tell. Stay tuned tomorrow for his announcement
Mike...I thought this was kinda cute & funny till I realized it might almost nearly and too soon be true ... Cyber Gray cars will be allowed tho
Montana: So Many Z06 Roads...So Little Time Z06/Z16#1571
maineyak_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #25 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ06 View Post

Mike

Mike, thanks for the hearty laugh!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Z06 Master

let's hope Michelle doesn't get involved
proexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #27 (permalink)

I own a 2003 MY Z06 and love it. Ordered the Z06 while working for a Chevy dealership. Ordered for stock and decided to buy it when the Bowling Green transport truck rolled in on my Birthday.. MY was the hardest color to get, Chevrolet limited the number built. I have owned mine for almost 10 years and still love it. I get nothing but compliments and praise..... Franklin Mint offered a 2003 Z06 with a 50th Aniversary logo. A limited edition diecast model. They only offered the model in MY.....One last thing...MY is the only Tri-Coat paint used on the C5 Z06. The extra coat of paint needed to make the color work; really pay's off. I have noticed that Corvettes painted in MY seem to hold up real well. Chevrolet charged $750 more for MY, it was considered a "constrant" option. Our dealership was only allocated two MY Z06's in 2003 Model Year, the 2001 MY Z06's were selling for up to $10,000 more than the other colors, just because it was rare and hard to get color.....If you like it, buy it, if not, go with the color you love the most. My second choice is Electron Blue, another great and unique color.
Scott T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
SRK
Z06 Member

I have the original window sticker for my car and just had a look at it again - sure enough $750 for MY. I didn't realize that. Now I have to find out what "tri-coat" paint finish is.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #29 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Velocity Yellow Tintcoat, $750.00 option...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Grandstand