Votes: 88 23.4%
  • Other

Votes: 91 24.2%
  • The Cheapest

Votes: 38 10.1%

What Brand of Gas do you use?

23K views 121 replies 111 participants last post by  Zmeister 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what brand of gas everyone was using?
I use Mobile or Amaco/BP. I never had any problems with them.

#31 ·
Man 'O War said:
Citgo 93, but I think I'll be using Sunoco now that they've bought out Speedway and are just down the road (they bought them out, right?)
yes they bought out speedway down south.they won't be selling ultra 94 though.they have no way to get it there.ours comes from philadelphia on a barge that unloads at the baltimore terminal.sometime this summer they are doing away with 94 octane in this area.a marketing decision that some people don't agree with.they have already done it in some states.sunoco just bought up all the mobils in d.c.,md. and va.

#34 ·
I use the cheapest gas with the appropriate octane rating for my car. My father was a petroleum engineer for SOHIO, so we lived in a refining town (Lima, Ohio) while I was growing up. When this refinery delivered gasoline, it had two kinds of tankers. It had tankers emblazoned with SOHIO on them for delivery to SOHIO stations.

It also had "generic" tankers (i.e., no logo) that it used to deliver gasoline to all of the other stations in the area (Shell, Sunoco, brand X). Are you sure you know what brand of gasoline you are buying? :lol: It is so much cheaper to buy from a local refiner. I used to chuckle when I would see the ads for all of the additives that certain gasoline brands had, knowing full well that most of them were using SOHIO.

#36 ·
I used to use Chevron Religiously until I found out they turned communist on me. I believe Chevron gets most of their oil from Venezuela and Argentina. The president of Venezuela (chavez) mentioned some bad things about our boys over seas and called Bush an ass hole. I refuse to support that style governing and those kinds of people so i have boycotted Chevron.

Its too bad cause their fuel was the best in my opinion.

Now I use BP (Ammoco products)

#41 ·
Texaco (bought out by Shell)

Texaco 93 octane. I guess this will change to Shell 93 Octane when the station I use gets converted. Here in Houston, I have never seen anything above 93 octane. However, I have seen a lot of 92 and 91. I am very particular about my gas becuase of what I saw at a dyno-day last year. There was another stock z just like mine (except for color). His 6 came up almost 20 hp lower than mine on the dyno... the only difference we could figure was that he was using 89 octane gas!

#43 ·
checked other, 'cause I use Sunoco 94 Ultra in the area; Amoco or ExxonMobil when out.
Was wondering why Sunoco wasn't listed, but RE: other thread on 94 disappearing, I guess I'm lucky to have it available.

#46 ·
In these times of $2.50 a gallon for premium gas, is there any compelling reason for not running lower octane gas in the ZO6? Can I drop down to 91 or even 87 and run it through the summer to save money?

Of course, if there is any chance of damage to the engine, I'll continue to use premium and even higher. :z:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.