Votes: 88 23.4%
  • Other

Votes: 91 24.2%
  • The Cheapest

Votes: 38 10.1%

What Brand of Gas do you use?

23K views 121 replies 111 participants last post by  Zmeister 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what brand of gas everyone was using?
I use Mobile or Amaco/BP. I never had any problems with them.

#54 ·
PGHZO6 said:
In these times of $2.50 a gallon for premium gas, is there any compelling reason for not running lower octane gas in the ZO6? Can I drop down to 91 or even 87 and run it through the summer to save money?
I'm not flaming you, so please do not interpret as such, but I guess I don't understand this whole high-priced gas thing, and it "costing" so much more money. What is one saving by going to 87 or 89 or 91 octane . . . 10, 20, maybe 30 cents a gallon. That's not even $5 a tank. :-? My car's a daily driver, so don't confuse me with the 1 tank a month club, but really, some people are paying $6, 7, 800+ a month on car payments, but are bitching about an extra $15-30 a month on gas. Until someone mentioned it or I saw it on the news the other day, I had no idea gas had even gone that high. I use the Exxon or Shell card when I fill up, and pay at the end of the month. Maybe I'm the exception, who knows. Just my .03. :crazy:

#61 · (Edited)
Sunoco 94 ever since I brought her home. Currently $2.38 around here. I haven't heard anything about reducing to 93 in this area yet. Anybody know what they start them with for the first time at the factory in KY?

"Sunoco sells four grades of gasoline – five in the MidAmerica market – compared to the "standard" offering of three grades. In addition to Regular (87 octane), Plus (89 octane) and Super (93 octane), Sunoco markets Ultra® 94 – the highest octane available at any consumer pump – throughout its 21-state marketing territory. An 86-octane Economy grade is also available in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, West Virginia and Kentucky."

#63 ·
Sunoco 94. :thumb:

#64 ·
Sunoco 94....

#65 ·
I used to be Shell customer pretty exclusively except I have now siwtched to Chevron for the Techron additive due to the gas tank sensor/gas guage problem.

#75 ·
You will find different brands in differnet regions of America. For example, in the Detroit area you will see Speedway brand...Speedway stations are filled by Marathon tanker trucks out of Findlay, Ohio. We also have Sunoco, Texaco and many others. Traveling, I see all the national brands plus names like Pilot, Checker, Fast Trac, and so on. But to answer the question I stick with known name brands of octane levels of 91 or higher, (as recommended by the owner's manual) at the lowest available price.

Once saw a news program that stated there are only 4 or 5 refiners of gasoline in America, and the refiners deliver to many brand name stations..Exxon, Shell, BP, Amoco, etc. depending on factors such as delivery distance, prices, availability.

Sidenote: many Amoco stations are being renamed BP in this area.

Zippy :usa: :usa:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.