Corvette Z06 Forum banner

What to do?

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  bun1 
#1 ·
I have a '04 ZO6 with about 10k miles. I'm Still driving on original tires but am ready to buy new. My question is should I just buy new tires and mount them on the original wheels or should I keep the originals mounted and buy a new set of rims for the new tires. Trying to decide if storing the originals will be beneficial in the future for resale and/or shows/potential NCRS judging.

#2 ·
There will be no real value of saving the originals intact

Also keep in mind if going with other wheels then also need 4 more tire pressure sensors and they are getting hard to find as GM as not used that design since 2004 model year
But since your sensors are so old, even if keeping the originals on car your really best to find 4 new sensors and replace old ones when replacing the tires

If buying new sensors be sure they are designed for C5s as the amount of work and cost if they are installed and then find they are not the right ones.

#3 ·
I have a '04 ZO6 with about 10k miles... should I keep the originals mounted... for resale and/or shows/potential NCRS judging.
I too just replaced my original tires this month on my '03. I actually offered to give the original tires away for free to anyone in my local club just to save myself the recycling fees and there were no takers. Maybe 10-15 years from now you might find a taker for the tire / wheels, but right now the cars are too new and too readily available. Not many folks are planning to restore an early 2000s model year, when you can likely still find a complete car with under 10k miles for sale if you look around a bit.
Ryan J

#6 ·
Last years of C5 the tire pressure sensors for the Z06, cannot recall which last years and if it was a option ?

Looking at GM parts for the OP having a 2004 Z06 says :
Corvette Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors : 2001-2004 C5 & Z06 Part Number : 17801156

Doing internet search for C5 Z06 for tire pressure sensors also lists them for later C5 Z06s

#9 ·
Last years of C5 the tire pressure sensors for the Z06, cannot recall which last years and if it was a option ?

Looking at GM parts for the OP having a 2004 Z06 says :
Corvette Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors : 2001-2004 C5 & Z06 Part Number : 17801156

Doing internet search for C5 Z06 for tire pressure sensors also lists them for later C5 Z06s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.