Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Splitter

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bob 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
After reviewing that whole thread, and just finishing my own install this past weekend, I don't think cooling would be negatively affected by the air dam install as long as you re-install the factory air deflector. If it is affected a small amount I don't think it would make any difference unless you were tracking it on a hot day.

As far as my own experience with Quik Z06 and his products, I definitely recommend against them. The design and production quality are basically crap, but they are cheap ($) so its up to you to decide whether you want good quality and customer service or a cheaper product that you might, or probably will, have some problems with.

Here are a few photos from my recent install:

Side skirts, basically a straight forward simple install. Drill your own holes and provide your own hardware. The fit is poor and they don't feel very strong or durable.

Overhead view of air dam with my own splitter/undertray. When I was mounting the air dam to the car I ran into fitment issues again.

The design is poor for managing air flow (which is the point of your thread) and when I added the splitter/undertray its obvious that when looking from the side of the car the angle from the front toward the back of the vehicle forces air under the vehicle. Ideally an air dam should force most of the air either: through the opening, over the top of the vehicle, or around the sides of the vehicle. I know that Pete's products are not designed for function, but rather for looks/style so maybe I'm expecting too much that they would perform a beneficial function of some kind.

Not related to Pete's (Quik Z06) products, but I also installed a rear wing. Its a GTC-300 made by APR. Much better quality and function than Pete's stuff, but you pay for it ($1,600 retail).

Rear view of wing. I can't even see it when driving. I can see the supports, but barely.

I am hoping not to have cooling issues with my install, but mine is a completely different animal. I have a supercharger so I needed cooling that will work with the intercooler in addition to the standard radiator, condenser, and intake air. If you notice or zoom in on the splitter pictures you can see that I cut my bumper (and made new shrouding for the radiator). My splitter is 4.5" off the ground and all my air comes in through the front with the stock air deflectors removed. The car is now a "front breather" rather than a "bottom breather." Surprisingly, I have more clearance now than I did before. Speed bumps in my neighborhood are now a non-issue and I drag just a little less getting in and out of my driveway.

Dog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.