My buddy and I were finishing up the installation of the heads. We were on the second head and the installation was going fine until we got to the final bolt. The tort procedure is in three stages. The number 9 bolt is the bolt in question. First we torqued the bolt to 22 foot-pounds then we useed our torque degree wheel to torque a further 90° and then finally torqued to 50°.
When we got to the last 50° of torque that's when my buddy noticed the tension on the wrench wasn't right. Sure enough we stripped out the head bolt.
I'm hoping there's someone out there that has purchased the GM thread restorer kit and would be willing to loan it to me so I can fix my block and finish the job.
The thing that is the real kick in the nuts is; we were on the home stretch of this engine rebuild and I was looking forward to starting the engine this weekend. I guess I will have to wait a bit longer.
Thanks for your help in advance,