Corvette Z06 Forum banner

I need some information please

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  02Chevy 
#1 ·
I would like to know in what direction/shape the tranny is on a Z-06 'Vette. Is the clutch next to the engine or the tranny ? Is the Tranny a normal shape ? Or does it look like it's backwards with the wrong end facing forward ? Is the Transmission tied in with the suspension ? Does it look like it is ?

- Please lemme know, Fighternotlover@Hotmail.com is where you can reach me, if you had a picture from the bottom of the car looking up it would be most helpful. ( 2002 Z-06 preffered )

-Steve

#4 ·
Hi there,
First, yes, the clutch is on the engine. The slave cylinder is mounted on the torque tube, which you may consider this your large input shaft to your transmission.
YOur trans and differential is mounted in the back of the torque tube.
Remember, the entire driveline acts as a back bone, strengthening the body and chassis. It is mounted to a front and rear subframe assemblies.
You have 4 bolts at each subframe to connect them to the frame, with nuts, which are 21mm.
I hope this helps, c4c5:eek2:

#5 ·
Yes...Thank you all.

Thank you for the info.

BTW..lol.... how do you people afford Corvette's ? ...I was going to get a '02 Z-06, that's why I wanted the info...but man...

$ 10,000.00 Down-Payment / $ 510.00 Per-Month / $ 477.00 per-Month Insurence ...... JESUS !

- I Love the Corvette, and I've always wanted one....but man... That is a whole-lotta cash...

-Steve

#6 ·
Re: Yes...Thank you all.

02Chevy said:
BTW..lol.... how do you people afford Corvette's ? ...I was going to get a '02 Z-06, that's why I wanted the info...but man...

$ 10,000.00 Down-Payment / $ 510.00 Per-Month / $ 477.00 per-Month Insurence ...... JESUS !

-Steve [/B]

a man has to have his priorities...

$477 a month insurance??? I pay only $371 for 6 months worth of coverage !!! By god mister, just how many DUI :guiness: , Fleeing & Eluding & Reckless Operation tickets do you have? :eek:

#7 ·
lol...NONE !

I'm under 25... Anyone under 25 years old gets the
" You wanna Drive a Corvette ? We're gonna put the screws to you in Insurence " Thing...

Kinda sucks... Now I'm going to have to buy a Darn S-10 Extreme Instead... BAH ! NOTHING LIKE A 'VETTE !

Sadly... :-? ...Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.