Monster Level 2 or 3 Clutch? Need Help! - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Pit Road
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Monster Level 2 or 3 Clutch? Need Help!

well, I took my z to the track this weekend and made two passes, neither of which were good clean runs, and third times the charm right? Wrong, the third run ended at the line, clutch exploded and i blew out the axle seals. so i'm planning on ordering my new clutch tomorrow, it's between the monster clutch level 2 or 3. the guy from monster said 3 would be better for me, but he said it's not a forgiving clutch and that if I got any wheel hop with the level 3 it WOULD break the drivetrain, that being said, it kinda scared me from getting the level 3.

My question is: Is anyone running the monster level 3 clutch? and if so have you had any issues, and should I be worried about my drivetrain if I get it? I hardly ever get any wheel hop but that's beside the point. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Z06 Authority

Re: Monster Level 2 or 3 Clutch? Need Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0s1ck View Post
well, I took my z to the track this weekend and made two passes, neither of which were good clean runs, and third times the charm right? Wrong, the third run ended at the line, clutch exploded and i blew out the axle seals. so i'm planning on ordering my new clutch tomorrow, it's between the monster clutch level 2 or 3. the guy from monster said 3 would be better for me, but he said it's not a forgiving clutch and that if I got any wheel hop with the level 3 it WOULD break the drivetrain, that being said, it kinda scared me from getting the level 3.

My question is: Is anyone running the monster level 3 clutch? and if so have you had any issues, and should I be worried about my drivetrain if I get it? I hardly ever get any wheel hop but that's beside the point. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have several friends running the level 3 and it does hit hard. If you don't have good drag radials and also take the slack out of your drivetrain before launching it can break stuff.
They told me to run the level 2 Monster, as it is a little more forgiving. I am at 480 rwhp and they said it would hold fine. I was talking with Chris on the corvette forum.

I settled for the old tried and true Texoz700. It is a great clutch and has cut 1.49 so far on 17" rubber. I just got new 16" wheels so that sixty should come down to the lower 1.4's
Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Z06 Authority

I looked him up, screen name is PRE-ZO6 (name is Chris). He owns and races a vette too, so he knows what works well if you are going Monster. Ask his advice on the level 2 or 3

Pitt
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mcleod twin disc if you want stock drive ability and something that will hold power....
youngrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Z06 Master

Why not just get a ZR1 clutch and be done with it. It will certainly hold the power your car is making and it has absolutely docile street manners.

As for the OZ dual disc...mine hits hard (difficult to slip)...ask me how I know.
Don Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Pit Road