Non Popup Headlights - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Pit Road
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2002, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Non Popup Headlights

Has anyone installed the Breathless Performance light kit.
I am getting ready to order them and wonder if there are any major or long term problems with the lights. Also did anyone get the HID option. I really like the photo on their web site. I have a Silver 02. I don't like to have to put the lights up whenever I need just the parking lights and I think that it ruins the lines of the car. Thanks for the feedback.
Silverfox
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2002, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Z06 Master

I am also looking to change to the non pop up lights. xcorvettex has the Breathless in his. And he was happy with the fit and performance(non HID). I am looking into the Specter Werks , which look like the C5-R assemblys. Same price. Not sure, but I think they use round bulbs as opposed to the rectangular ones that Breathless uses. If I get any further info, I will let you know.
My 16th Corvette. 2001 ZO6. Lowered 2 in,04 shocks, HRE 547s, Mich Pilots,Eradispeeds, TPIS,Borla ,Cartek 2X, Blackwing/Power Duct,LS1 Edit,Kirban, DRM Roll Bar,Sparco, Specter Werkes rear facia and C5-R Hdlts, ACI splitter.
515 HP/471 TQ
CSX1965@comcast.net
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

look at the concours section i have a pic of my z with non popups

xcorvettex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Location: South AL/// Z06 Fest Participant I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X
Lifetime Premium Member
The Specter Werkes C5R headlights are nice. I got to see some @ the Z06fest on this Andy Pilgrim Special Edition Z.
They seem to be very high in quality. Price is $1,295 and they make them when you place your order, so expect to wait a little while. You can upgrade to H.I.D. for around $600 more.

'14 Mazda 6 MT
Z06phile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Z06 Master

xcorvettex ZO6/hdlts

Z06phile. Thanks for the pictures. Now I know what Santa is getting me for X-mas

xcorvettex. hope you didn't mind me posting the picture. Car look great. :D
My 16th Corvette. 2001 ZO6. Lowered 2 in,04 shocks, HRE 547s, Mich Pilots,Eradispeeds, TPIS,Borla ,Cartek 2X, Blackwing/Power Duct,LS1 Edit,Kirban, DRM Roll Bar,Sparco, Specter Werkes rear facia and C5-R Hdlts, ACI splitter.
515 HP/471 TQ
CSX1965@comcast.net

Last edited by Baron; 12-01-2002 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Thank you for posting, it took me four hours today to figure out how to post a picture:bang:

Old 12-01-2002, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Z06 Master

your welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by xcorvettex
Thank you for posting, it took me four hours today to figure out how to post a picture:bang:
You have done the hard part. Click on this link, and it will show you how to attach them to your post . http://www.z06vette.com/problems.php
515 HP/471 TQ
CSX1965@comcast.net
Old 12-01-2002, 08:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally posted by Z06phile
The Specter Werkes C5R headlights are nice. I got to see some @ the Z06fest on this Andy Pilgrim Special Edition Z.
They seem to be very high in quality. Price is $1,295 and they make them when you place your order, so expect to wait a little while. You can upgrade to H.I.D. for around $600 more.

Those are different from the ones on their site. Are those new?

What bulb type do those take? Do you have any pictures of the beam pattern?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Z06 Authority

Re: Non Popup Headlights

Quote:
Originally posted by silverfox
Has anyone installed the Breathless Performance light kit.
I am getting ready to order them and wonder if there are any major or long term problems with the lights.
I think the only long term problems might be wishing that you had gotten the SW C5-R-style ones. For me, the BPP ones miss the mark with the rectangular and round dissimilar lights. I think that the SW ones look closest to the actual C5-R ones, which seem to be what most of us wanted in the first place (as far as non-pop-ups go).

Quote:
I don't like to have to put the lights up whenever I need just the parking lights and I think that it ruins the lines of the car. Thanks for the feedback.
Silverfox
Um... You should have daytime running lights (parking lights, essentially) whenever the car is on. You don't have to do anything to turn them on. As for the lines, I agree -- but more in the sense that I don't think Chevy got the actual pop-ups right. If they had round bulbs in them, and/or were half the height as they are now, then I think they'd be cool. In the meantime, I think there's something quirky-but-cool about the pop-ups [up] with the quirky-but-cool hardtop shape.

-Kirk
Old 12-02-2002, 03:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Everyone has their own opinion on mods for their cars. I bought the breathless non popups because i didn't like the bug eye look of most others, and i felt that the body following slope of the bpp looked better than some of the others that were raised. But then again that's why they make cars in different colors, we all don't like the same thing.

Old 12-02-2002, 03:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Z06 Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to jmatsuo
Kmeloney,
I talked to a guy with hella at the Sema Show in las vegas. they had some replacemenst for the popup type headlights with 2 round lenses. I didn't take a pic, but I wish I did. he said the demand wasn't there for the nonpopups, but the others(non popups) were coming out around the first of the year. you might want to check those out. they looked similar to the SW version in a popup.

I am going to go check there site now
Old 12-02-2002, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Z06 Master

Here they are on Yellow !

with the units painted black, makes the lens look tinted.

515 HP/471 TQ
CSX1965@comcast.net
Old 12-02-2002, 06:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

I think that I lost my comment. Here we go again.
Thanks a lot for all of the replies and comments about the lights. I talked at length with the people at Specter Werkes today Monday and they even emailed the yellow car pic that is now on this post. I ordered my C5R kit this afternoon. I will paint it the body color. It will take two weeks to arrive as someone mentioned. I will post a note on the install after I finish. I guess it will be after Christmas due to the delivery date and the paint work. They went over all of the installation instructions on the phone. I can't wait. I will post some pics. Thanks again.
Silverfox
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 06:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Z06 Authority

Quote:
Originally posted by silverfox
. I ordered my C5R kit this afternoon. I will paint it the body color. It will take two weeks to arrive as someone mentioned. I will post a note on the install after I finish.
Dangit. Now I'm jealous. :D

Yes, get those pics up ASAP!!! Good luck with them!

-Kirk
Old 12-02-2002, 06:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Z06 Authority

Quote:
Originally posted by jmatsuo
Kmeloney,
I talked to a guy with hella at the Sema Show in las vegas. they had some replacemenst for the popup type headlights with 2 round lenses.

I am going to go check there site now
REALLY?! Hmmm... That sounds cool! How'd they look? What did you think of them? Did they look "right" on the C5? Tell, tell, tell! :D

Now, which site was this? Hella's? I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for the info!

-Kirk

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Pit Road