Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Questions for LS6 engine builders....

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  PaulS 
#1 ·
I installed an underdrive pulley tonight and it went on easier than I thought it should....and I have a couple questions....

1) I used the old crank pulley bolt and torqued it to 200ft. lbs., then installed the new bolt and torqued to 37ft. lbs and then turned it another 90-100 degrees. That's how ls1howto states it should be done..does that sound right?

2) The underdrive pulley is solid unlike the original pulley which you could visibly see the front engine seal between the spokes. The ls1howto states to put the timing chain cover in place but just put the bolts in to keep it in place, install pulley and now your timing chain cover is centered so torque the bolts down. That's what I did....hope it worked since I can't see it!

3) To torque the rockers I see two methods: a) torque all rocker bolts to 22ft. lbs rotate assembly 90 degrees and retorque all bolts to 22lbs, repeat until assembly has been turned 360 degrees. OR b) find TDC for cylinder x and then torque down rockers a,b,c,etc., rotate 90 degrees until TDC for cylinder y and then torque down rockers d,e,f,etc and repeat until you have torqued them all down. Does either method matter? sounds like method b would insure specific rockers were in position to be torqued properly vs. not knowing exactly and hoping that rotating the assembly four times you would have that rocker at the sweet spot to torque it down properly......

Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.