Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Reverse lights not working...

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  IT L GO 
#1 ·
For some reason, they don't come on when in R.. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Greg

#4 ·
Mine have never worked. Keep forgeting to ask when servicing, don't really wanting them screwing with the car anyway. Drew :ity:

#5 ·
Normally its the reverse switch on the tranny. These are about $16 and easy to replace. A 10 minute job once you get the car off the ground. The switch is on the passenger's side of the MN12.

You can do an easy test to see if its the reverse switch, relay or lamps. Activate the Approach Light option with the DIC, then use your FOB to open the car doors. The marker lamps and the reverse lamps should come on. If they do, its probably the reverse switch.... if not, you have a relay problem, lamp burnout or some other electrical problem.

On my Z, the reverse switch shorted out the electrical system in my car. It blew the fuse. Not only did the fuse blow the reverse lamp circuit, but this also killed the auto-dim mirrors and the little orange lamp the shines down on the console. This whole circuit is electrically connected. I actually realized the problem because the auto mirror stopped working. The auto-dim rearview mirror is on the circuit, because it turns off when you put the car into reverse. I replaced the reverse switch, replaced the fuse, and everything is okay.

#6 ·
i am about to replace my back up switch and i was just wondering if any fluid will come out of the tranny when i pull out the switch because its located on the side. So i would like to know if i will have to refill the tranny after i install the new switch or since its on the side no fluid will drain when the switch is pullled. this way its just unsrew the old one and screw in the new one.
thanks

#7 ·
Its a 5 minute job. Pull the connector, unscrew the sensor and replace with the new one reconnect. Just be ready with the new sensor as you pull the old one as the fluid will weep a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.