sparco Evo Seats Vs. Cobra suzukas - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Pit Road
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

sparco Evo Seats Vs. Cobra suzukas

I have narrowed it down to these two seats, any advice you guys have on the two seats? There is a recaro equivalent but it seems a bit pricey for what I need. I am happy to get a used seat but I cannot find any on craigs list. Is there other sites similar to craigs for racing gear. I have googled it and come up with some sites that are hard to search.

Also where can I find one to try out?! I live in the puget sound area of WA and there are not many shops that have a show room with these seats. There is a track day (1st one for me in the new c5z) coming up july 26th and I still need to get bucket seats in my car. I have a corbeau fx1 that I will use for the passenger since its larger, but I need something for myself. Along with that I need all the mounting hardware for harnesses and the seats. Its been more of a hassle than I thought to figure all of this out, especially the harness bar and seat mounting options.

Next I need to figure out what alignment setup I want when I send the car in.

thanks!
MaxG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: sparco Evo Seats Vs. Cobra suzukas

also, has anyone heard anything about these seat mounts? Its a local shop in Bellevue that I have purchased stuff from and was one of our chump car team sponsors. They are a great bunch of guys and gals but wanted feedback from the corvette community.

425motorsports - planted-seat-bracket-chevrolet-corvette-c5-c6-z06-1997-driver

Sorry bro, no links to non-supporting vendors allowed. I think I left enough info for someone to Google it though.

Last edited by 2MchFun; 06-14-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Link to non-supporting vendor.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would recommend the Sparco Evo over the Cobra. I think you can call Sparco and they can tell you where to get the seat mounts and sliders.
namahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member

The best place to try out seats is at an HPDE. I sat in several other folks Corvettes to try their seats. Everyone was happy to let me try them.

Now, I do the same thing for folks that walk up in the paddock and ask to try mine.
XFordGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Z06 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFordGuy View Post
The best place to try out seats is at an HPDE. I sat in several other folks Corvettes to try their seats. Everyone was happy to let me try them.

Now, I do the same thing for folks that walk up in the paddock and ask to try mine.
I noticed that you have A4's. They look great in a C5 and the price is right. I'm just concerned that they're better suited to the street as opposed to the track. Do you regret not getting a more track-oriented fixed-back bucket seat?

BTW, I'm sure they're better then OEM seats. Of that I have no doubt. Do you plan on visiting NOLA Motorsports Park this summer? I'd like to try them out if you're in town sometime.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vant View Post
I noticed that you have A4's. They look great in a C5 and the price is right. I'm just concerned that they're better suited to the street as opposed to the track. Do you regret not getting a more track-oriented fixed-back bucket seat?

BTW, I'm sure they're better then OEM seats. Of that I have no doubt. Do you plan on visiting NOLA Motorsports Park this summer? I'd like to try them out if you're in town sometime.
I had the same initial concerns. I consider them a compromise, but I still drive the car to events and either have someone bring my stuff with them, or I tow a tire trailer. I even drove it 800 miles (each way) to run at Mid-Ohio and they were comfortable for the entire trip.

When strapped into the harnesses, nothing moves since you can remove the flex in the seat back with the belts. I was originally concerned about the seat back, but I thought I needed seat back adjustment. I haven't touched that lever in years, but setting it properly for me to be comfortable initially probably helped.

If the car was being trailered and I never drove it on the street, I wouldn't buy the A4s.

The most common complaint about them is shoulder room. In street use, they are severely lacking for broad shouldered types. When belted in, the problem goes away for me, but I'm about as large as the seat handles at 6' 200 lbs.

NOLA isn't on my calendar for this year. I think I'm only doing 1 more Barber and a Road Atlanta this year. Consumable costs are really limiting how many event I can do lately.

Sorry for the thread jacking, OP! I was actually torn between the Evo and the Evo2 instead of the A4.

Last edited by XFordGuy; 06-14-2012 at 07:13 PM.
XFordGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

no worries, i am getting quotes and trying the seats out next week. i am going to try out an OMP ARS seat. anyone know if these will fit? they are supposed to be similar to the evo.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

man seats are pricey. to get the seats, mounts and harness bar i am getting quotes from 2500-3700$!!
there are also so many options for mounts it almost overwhelming.
I have spoken with vetteworks and i like their setup and it is pretty customizable but that comes with a price. I am looking at a couple other shops as well that are a bit cheaper but I am concerned about their expertise when they tell me " yeah sure it'll bolt right in". I dont want to get home pull everything apart and find out they were wrong... Ill keep ya posted.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

ok so i am waiting on one more quote but i think I know what setup I am going to go with. the next question is will i have any issues with removing the seats? are there any sensors i need to worry about removing, relocating, any error codes i will get? I have the memory seats and i heard that i may get an error code and a dash light when replacing stock seats with aftermarket ones... That would be irritating. anyone heard of issues with this?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ProfessorBlaze Send a message via MSN to ProfessorBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to ProfessorBlaze
Lifetime Premium Member

sparco>cobra IMO.
Not to throw a wrench in your plan, but I ended up with corbeau forzas. great seat and very comfy.

Last edited by ProfessorBlaze; 11-04-2012 at 06:26 PM.
ProfessorBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

i went ahead and picked up the OMP seats, planted hardware, OMP slider and Brey-Krause bar and it all fits great, very tight but great. The Stock seat belts are very hard to fit on the side of the tranny tunnel, had to get creative there, also only drivers side seat just barely touches door when closed at the shoulder supports, mostly because of the space needed for the stock seat belts and to be properly centered about the steering wheel. all together after sizing, mounting, remounting and now installing slider for drivers side i would say it took me a solid 18 hrs. I am very methodical and take my time, so i find shop quotes of 8 hrs labor much more believable now... Damn its tight in there tho.

Last edited by MaxG; 11-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

also i have the Forza in another car, it was a bit floppy and large for me otherwise I would have used it again but i have seen it in many corvettes.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #13 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

itsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Z06 Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxG View Post
i went ahead and picked up the OMP seats, planted hardware, OMP slider and Krey-Brause bar and it all fits great, very tight but great. The Stock seat belts are very hard to fit on the side of the tranny tunnel, had to get creative there, also only drivers side seat just barely touches door when closed at the shoulder supports, mostly because of the space needed for the stock seat belts and to be properly centered about the steering wheel. all together after sizing, mounting, remounting and now installing slider for drivers side i would say it took me a solid 18 hrs. I am very methodical and take my time, so i find shop quotes of 8 hrs labor much more believable now... Damn its tight in there tho.
Pictures?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Pics, um yeah let me take some this week, just got my camera back from my brother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Pit Road