D1SPEC Stage 3 Performance Chip/Controller Module - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Tuning & Electronics
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Z06 Member

D1SPEC Stage 3 Performance Chip/Controller Module

Has anyone put one of these on their car? I'm having a issue with my car sounding like its got a weak starter when I turn it over, I'm mean it starts but it sounds weak and corvettes of Houston replaced my old starter. Also sometimes my car acts like the battery is dead and won't turn over but if I hold the keys over like I'm starting it and keep it there for a second longer..(car not making any noise at all , no ticking or anything ) it'll slowly crank up. Now that's been cause of a bad connection to the battery corvettes of Houston said... Ive have that prob now for like on and off 2 1/2 years and have tried changing my red top optima twice now. But now as of this past week while I'm driving the car will just go into reduced engine power/service active handling. If I turn it off for like 10sec it all goes away and starts right back up and goes fine, but it's been doing that everytime I drive the car now :(
Oh and no codes that weren't there already. Any suggestions would be nice , also thought maybe it could be a bad ground so I'm looking at getting this D1SPEC Stage 3 Performance Chip/Controller Module
Anyone use or heard of this being used on a vett yet?
getsomeboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Z06 Master

Send a message via AIM to PerforminNorman Send a message via Yahoo to PerforminNorman
Re: D1SPEC Stage 3 Performance Chip/Controller Module

Initially it sounded like you had way too much initial timing at start up. But reading a little further in, I'm not longer sure.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to mdickie Send a message via MSN to mdickie
Lifetime Premium Member

I had a similar problem on my car two years ago and it turned out to be a bad ground strap on the block. It had gotten all dried out and frayed, once replaced, everything was fine.

Mark

Do not worry about the world ending today, it is already tomorrow in Australia...
mdickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jim Lembo
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdickie View Post
I had a similar problem on my car two years ago and it turned out to be a bad ground strap on the block. It had gotten all dried out and frayed, once replaced, everything was fine.

Mark
Have to agree with Mark on this one. Grounding on these cars is very critical and will cause all kinds of problems if the grounding points are corroded or loose. If your car came from an area of high humidity that would be the 1st thing to check.

Jimbo
'03 EB/mod blue, LME/V-Max 416, AFR 225's, Comp Custom cam from Pete at V-Max, 3" custom exhaust and lots of attitude! 10.47@133.38 :D Z06 Fest member III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII and Winterfests 1, 2, 3 & 4. 543rwhp/493rwtq, all motor!
Jim Lembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Z06 Member

That's kinda what I've been thinking as well .. Other than the battery , where should I check? I have no idea where the other ground points might be. ANY info would be helpful at this point.. I checked my wires by my doors today and cleaned them and tapped them back up nicely. Thought maybe that would work so went for a drive and after like 10 or so miles right before I got home it happened again (reduced engine power, service active handling, service traction control ..turn it off.. 5sec later fine .. Only code thrown was c1278 h
Old 11-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Maybe this well help.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Ok so in the event it's not from a bad connection what else could it be? Oh my engine light doesn't come on when it happens just the light that comes on when you turn off the traction control.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Oh I went to clean grounds 3# and 4# according to the pic above, and I got it off the car but couldn't figure put how to pull it apart to clean it better. Is there a trick? So I just cleaned the area and the tips with electric cleaner spray and bolted them back up.. No change but not suprised cause I could clean the ground plugs good

Last edited by getsomeboost; 11-28-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Z06 Tech Advisor

Premium Member

That image is not very clear

There is a flat ground wire on end of left block to frame, must be good and clean both ends. Common for engine work being done and that ground not put back on.
Also common if engine work were starter wires including ground not torqued down on posts.

There is a main ground wire below battery to frame, not correct will have IPC and start issues.

Now there is three ground spice packs, off frame below headlights is 2 of them
Third is on right frame left of battery

Spice packs have many ground wires (black)

Could be dirty where pack bolts to frame but mostly and never looked at is pry pack apart ( if corroded harder to pry top off) and clean BOTH male and female pins and lube them up

These get wacked up with those who for some reason feel the engine bay needs more washing then their jockey shorts and the water seeps into the splice pack and corrodes all the pins

Male pins (top of pack) shown below
Attached Thumbnails
D1SPEC Stage 3 Performance Chip/Controller Module-iefmt.jpg  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Ok ill try to pull apart the spice packs first thing in the morning, the one on the right side by lights looks like some coolent might have been dripping on it from time to time maybe that'll work.. Ill post ASAP , thanks for helping!!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Ok so I took apart the grounds under the hood, the one by the lights on the right side was dirty, so I've cleaned them and putting them back in to go for a test drive. Ill post results later today, hope this fixes it and Im very great full for all the help so far
Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Z06 Member

Well I drove it for almost 3 days before it went into reduced power mode / service active handling. It seems like maybe it got a bit better, ya know not happening as much as it was .. And today everytime I went to turn it on other than first thing this morning it showed like 11.6 volts on my dash right after it started. And the start up sounded weak as hell but once it starts the volts build up to 13.6 or so and car runs fine.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Originally it seemed like you had way too much preliminary moment at begin up. But studying a little further in, I'm not more Sure. Or maybe there may be other sort of thing which i m not getting. . .
Jimjohna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjohna View Post
Originally it seemed like you had way too much preliminary moment at begin up. But studying a little further in, I'm not more Sure. Or maybe there may be other sort of thing which i m not getting. . .
Huh?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Administrator

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjohna View Post
In English, this translates to what?????

Mike
MikesZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C5 Z06 Specific Topics > C5 Z06 - Tuning & Electronics