Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Ohio Buckeye Caravan

4K views 49 replies 16 participants last post by  Z06 Tom 
#1 ·
Whats the plan with this?

#5 ·
I plan on visiting my son in Cincinnati the weekend before the fest and connecting up with this caravan as you pass through Cincinnati.

#7 ·
If I can make the trip, I'll be passing through there. Keep me posted.

Thanks,:cheers:

Stry

#8 ·
Garrett and I are leaving Columbus on the 21st. We'll meet up with you guys if that's a good date. We'll be coming right down I-71 thru Cinci anyway. Let us know.

BTW: The 21st is Garrett's Birthday (He'll be nine) and he can't wait to hang out with all you guys. When I asked him what he wanted to do for his Birthday, it sure didn't take much thought. The only question was, "Will Zippy be there?" :D

#10 ·
I-75 (Michigan Group) and I-71 Columbus groups.
Those two interstates meet in downtown Cincinnati. From the river to a point south of Florence Kentucky I-75 and I-71 are the same. I suggest the meeting point be at the White Castle restaurant at the route 42 exit 180 on I-75 in Florence Kentucky.
Good lunch stopping point? :) Yum Yum

#13 ·
panzer said:
I-75 (Michigan Group) and I-71 Columbus groups.
Those two interstates meet in downtown Cincinnati. From the river to a point south of Florence Kentucky I-75 and I-71 are the same. I suggest the meeting point be at the White Castle restaurant at the route 42 exit 180 on I-75 in Florence Kentucky.
Good lunch stopping point? :) Yum Yum

Does this mean we are meeting at noon or so?

#14 ·
Mapquest says it is about 3.75 hours at normal car speed from there to Bowling Green. So it will depend what time the two caravans depart their cities. I would suggest that we target 1100am so we can eat, get through Louisville before their rush hour and get to BG with pleanty of time. This would permit rest at the destination or cleaning your car or goofing off before we go out for dinner. I am open to further discussion since I am not dictating the time schedule to everyone. :)

#15 ·
panzer said:
Mapquest says it is about 3.75 hours at normal car speed from there to Bowling Green. So it will depend what time the two caravans depart their cities. I would suggest that we target 1100am so we can eat, get through Louisville before their rush hour and get to BG with pleanty of time. This would permit rest at the destination or cleaning your car or goofing off before we go out for dinner. I am open to further discussion since I am not dictating the time schedule to everyone. :)
Somebody needs to be in charge and you seemed like the logical choice. :usa:

#16 ·
Operations Order 7-2004 Z06fest 2004 :) /panzer

OK my proposal is for the various caravans to meet at 11:30am on the 21st at the forementioned White Castle. Departure will be at 12:15. All cars should be fed and all fuel tanks filled up at this stop. There are multiple gas station at this exit. We will be able to make it to BG on one tank from there and I don't intend any gas station stops. I will have one bathroom stop around 13:30 along the road. Drivers should conduct a visual walk around inspection of their car at each stop looking form missing lug nuts, loose pieces, road damage, etc.
Route of march is simple. A couple miles south of the meeting point I-71 branches off to the SW. We will follow that all the way down to Bowling Green. I would request that members bring GMS/FRS type radios as I would like the lead car, a middle of the pack car and tailend charlie to have radios in the convoy. Talking enroute makes the trip go faster and part of the charm of caravaning. If yoa have radar detectors bring them. We had four in the the NE caravan last year and they help. Road march speed will average 10mph over the limit.
When we get closer to the data I would like to exchange cell phone numbers with the leaders of the two merging caravans. We will want to know if you are delayed or have some other issue. We will have a drivers meeting before we depart White Castle.

#17 ·
Sounds good Ed. My only concern is the number of potty stops. Sliders tend to request an exit pretty quickly. I don't think I want to bring up the rear of this group. Being down-wind might not be such a good idea!! ;)

#18 ·
Z06 Tom said:
Sounds good Ed. My only concern is the number of potty stops. Sliders tend to request an exit pretty quickly. I don't think I want to bring up the rear of this group. Being down-wind might not be such a good idea!! ;)

You have a point. Everyone bring your own cork. :lol: :rofl:

#21 ·
#24 ·
Great.....just great.....Mr. Intestinal Luge himself is the leader of this motley crew.....sounds like another stinkin caravan to me:lol: :lol:

I haven't decided if I'm gonna trailer or not yet.....but if not....then lead on my Captain!!! :D

I had a thought.....how are you "other" boys gonna keep up with us "faster" boys?? You know...... the boys with the Fastest color?:sneaky:

#26 · (Edited)
panzer said:
Black :yeadog: :sneaky:
:screwy: :-? :eyes: I'll try to stay with ya. I'll just keep it in third. :rofl: :p :D

BTW: I've got a pair of radios too. If all of us who have a pair bring them, I don't think anyone would need to buy them. Only need one per car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.