Corvette Z06 Forum banner

P-1sc-1

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jnowick1360 
#1 ·
Thinking about putting a pro charger P-1SC-1 on my 01, just want to know peoples input on drive train and engine upgrades I should do to support the extra power? I don't want my shit to blow up lol.:grin2:

#2 · (Edited)
Many folks have installed a Procharger P1 or D1 on their C5Z's, although I prefer the D1-SC myself. The key is running a conservative amount of boost which is determined by size of the pulley you use on the blower.

You will need a new set of injectors (probably will come with the Procharger kit) and I highly recommend ARH headers to compliment the blower upgrade.

Most important of all is the kit to be installed properly (so there is no belt slip) and a good dyno tune after installation. I can't stress the importance of the tune enough.

Good luck on your upgrade!

Mike

ps...beware of the tuner who is trying to impress you with your final hp/tq numbers. We have often found that the A/F ratio they use to boost the numbers a bit is unsafe for your engine. Tell them to be conservative with the tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.