Dashboard airbag warning light - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Z06 Addict

Garage
Dashboard airbag warning light

Last week sometime while I was driving my car I noticed that the red dash cluster airbag warning light was on. So I did the usual turn the car off, disconnect my seat belt reconnect seatbelt etc. in hope of resetting the system. Nope that didn't work. Now 7 out of 10 time when I start it up the red light flashes several times then usually stays lit. sometimes it will say dark.
So called OnStar and had them run a diagnostic test to see if they could get any codes, they told me that there were two error codes, P0113 and P0000. I was told P0113 was for the airbag system not functioning properly and the P0000 was for the OnStar system not performing as expected. That was all good until I decided to Google those code and I read that the P0113 code is for high air inlet temperature. The other code does pertain to the OnStar diagnostics not being able to complete its testing I think. So now I'm heading to the dealer to see what really is the problem. Onstar did tell me that the diagnostic test they ran would be accessible to the dealer for 60 days. Anybody familiar with these DTC's? The car is stock no tune, no exhaust changes and no cold air filter changes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 07:08 AM
Z06 Tech Advisor

Re: Dashboard airbag warning light

Error codes (DTC) are labeled and grouped as to each controller

The P your listing like P0113, stands for the Powertrain controller
It has no tie in to the airbag controller and P0113 means a intake air sensor problem so both codes you list are incorrect

Stating what year and model Corvette would be more helpful as electronics changed through the model years.

Mike M - 2001 / 2008 Z06s
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Z06 Addict

Garage

The car is a '13 Z06. I dropped the car off this morning and talked the tech that works of Corvettes (that's all he works on) and he said that there is a good chance the it has to do with the seatbelt pre-tensioners. He also stated that OnStar doesn't know crap about diagnostics and to forget what codes they gave me. He also stated that this is not an uncommon problem and the seat had to come out and probably order new sensors. This not the first airbag problem I have had with this car. Last year had a similar problem on the passenger side. Maybe when this repair is done hopefully all the bad sensor will have been replaced. Should know more later today. Thanks for the input.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Z06 Addict

Garage

Well got car back and the tech put on the RO that the DTC was B0113 and ordered a driver seat pre-tensioner. Hope that fixes the problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C6 Z06 Specific Topics > C6 Z06 - Grandstand

« 2013 427s | - »