Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Fog and parking lights turning on randomly

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NeoZ06 
#1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased a used 2008 Z06 with 12000 miles. The car is wonderful, but as I've been driving it I've noticed two electronic oddities:

1) For the first three weeks the automatic lights worked the same as they do in every other GM vehicle I've had. In the last week, however, every time I start driving in full daylight my dash will randomly illuminate both the green fog light indicator as well as the green parking lights indicator, and both sets of lights are actually turned on. I can fiddle with the stalk controls for a while, trying to manually turn them off, but they will remain on for ten minutes or so, randomly turn off, and then turn back on at a later time. No fuses or wires that are visible in the engine bay appear to have any damage, the headlamps work normally at night, and there are no other associated issues. I scanned the owners manual and searched about twilight sentinel's control logic, but I can't find any reason why this would suddenly start happening. It's not bad, as long as it continues without degrading functionality, it's just WEIRD.

2) The factory, base model radio will not retain my audio settings once the car is turned off. Every time I get in the car I turn the bass down a few clicks, and every time I get back in the car I have to repeat it. The head unit has no other issues with retaining memory, such as preset settings, or what station/band I was last tuned to when I shut down. I thought that perhaps the tuning controls were band specific so I've intentionally stayed on satellite, but it doesn't help. There are no other issues with settings retention (DIC, radio, etc) that I have noticed, and no issues with starting that would suggest a flat/bad battery.

Has anyone else experienced these with a C6Z?

Aside from that, and internet paranoia over valve guides, this thing has been a dream. :coo: I constantly get compliments about it, and aside from buying new tires I really can't complain. Amazing car!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.