Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Just me or is there a lot of C7 Z06s on the lots

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ripnbst 
#1 ·
So I have to ask. Is it just me or have you seen this. Been kicking around the idea of trading in my C6 Z for a C7 Z. I could not believe the inventory or the discounts in northern VA. 10% off sticker! If I remember the second year of the C6 Z we were still looking at limited inventory and above sticker prices.
Is it because of all of the additional super cars available or is it that we have not warmed up to a SC?
BTW after driving a C7 I did not see the 47k difference the dealer wanted after valuing my car.

#2 ·
C7 Z06 has been plagued with engines getting too hot killing performance of going into limp mode and with GM saying the 2017 model has design changes to cooling
People may not want a 2016 and wait until later in year when 2017 Z06s are out

New C7 sales way down, only 2,100 new C7s sold for July and 2,400 for June so maybe public not so hot in buying C7s ?

#4 ·
New C7 sales way down, only 2,100 new C7s sold for July and 2,400 for June so maybe public not so hot in buying C7s ?
Sales may have been down in June and July, but maybe that's because everyone who wanted a 2016 already bought one. Also some June production always ends up being part of the next model year. Some of the 2017 Grand Sports have already been Corvette Museum delivered.

According to GM, 2016 was the highest sales numbers since 1984 with over 40,000 2016 Vettes sold. Even the C7.R edition that was supposed to be limited to 500 cars ended up being 650 cars due to high demand.

Ryan J

"The National Corvette Museum has compiled the information, and in total, 40,689 Corvettes were produced for 2016.
Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/07/final-numbers-for-the-2016-c7-corvette-model-year-released/#ixzz4GhlMOiFE"

#5 ·
Just looked at kerbeck web site. They have 5 new z06s marked down 20k. I think that is unbelievable 2 years into the production run. Somethings up.

#7 ·
If you look more closely at the numbers, GM is producing about 900 Corvettes a month then they are selling. Therefor the inventory buildup. The Z06 inventory buildup is being exacerbated by the 5% or so cars that exhibit cooling problems on the track. Although that is not a huge number when you consider they produced close to 10,000 Z's. However now everybody thinks that their street driven car is going to overheat is just ridicules.

The dealer I bought my C6 Z from currently has 30 '16 Corvettes in stock of which 8 of those are Z's and all 8 of those Z's are automatics. My dealer must not have gotten the memo to discount the Z's because online all they are offering is $500.00. When I bought my Z I got $10,500.00 off sticker and that did not include a Corvette owner loyalty rebate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.