Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Passenger side air bag light

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bruno 
#1 ·
Took my '13 z to the dealer yesterday to get ready for spring/summer driving season. Got everything done except the passenger side airbag light says not on when the wife is in the seat. She weighs 130ish. so not too small to trigger the airbag sensor. The tech at my dealership is very thorough and "checked for codes no codes relearn PPS with TEC 2 and test operating properly at this time" Went out to dinner last night took the Vette to see if the airbag issue was fixed and still no airbag light unless she bounces up and down on the seat and then maybe it will come on. This is a little concerning as I think she thinks after 30 years of marriage I want to get rid of her. Told her you don't really think I would crash my baby just to get rid of you? How ludicrous. Any thoughts on how to get this diagnosed so I can get this working properly. By the way they had me leave the car and I was not there when they were fixing it so I am sure the next step is to bring it in when not functioning with her in the seat so they can maybe get some idea on this issue. Any one else have this experience?

#2 ·
I am going to update this post because I am again having this same problem. Back 2016 the dealership fixed the air bag not activating by replacing the belt tension-er on the drivers side. All was fine until about a year ago when the pass side air bag warning light again shows not "ON" in the mirror. Took the car to the dealership today and the tech is sure it is the air bag presence module. To get the sensor you have to buy the module. To problems, one is the part is discontinued. Two, I can find the part online, I think, it says it come with the sensor but W/O heat. My car is a 3LZ and has heated seats. Have any of you had to replace this sensor? The other problem seems to be that this part that I need was only made for two model years 2012 & 13. I guess that is when GM changed the seats. I am in a bit of a bind here, as I need the air bag to work but can't get a good answer from any inquiries I have made if this will work with a heated seat or if the description has nothing to do with the heated seats.

#3 ·
Howdy! Have you found a sensor for heated seats? My uncle is looking at this 3LZ and it is also having a similar issue. The dealership replaced the belt tensioner but the airbag light came on after a month. We'll just finish installing the rotors and tis wheels on the Ram this week and we'll take a look at it. Appreciate any update about the sensor.

#4 ·
The passenger side air bag presence module shows as “on back order” and to check back later. I asked one of the online retailers specifically if the module worked with heated seats. Their response was that the GM parts catalog is not 100% correct. They also said that the VIN# I provided them was compatible with that part. So still waiting for the part to come off back order. I have been dealing with this for about a year now.

Reactions: DannyRed
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.