Radio/NAV won't turn on with push button - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum
Z06Vette.com Z06Vette.com
Go Back   Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C6 Z06 Specific Topics > C6 Z06 - Grandstand
Z06vette.com is the premier Chevrolet Corvette Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Radio/NAV won't turn on with push button

My 09 ZO6 has radio/NAV system. Lately, it doesn't want to turn on with the push button on the radio but will begin to function properly when I eject the CD and reinstall it. It plays fine and NAV works once it's powered up. It has had the new software update done at the dealer so far. Any suggestions?
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chevy Rep

Re: Radio/NAV won't turn on with push button

nfran2,

Have you had your dealership diagnose your audio system again since they performed the software update?

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevy Cust Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc View Post
nfran2,

Have you had your dealership diagnose your audio system again since they performed the software update?

I did take it back and the dealership replaced my original unit with a remanufactured unit from GM. It's as crazy as the original one. I can't turn the radio on unless I open the door, pull the CD out and reinsert it, then I can work the radio. The screen which has 4 selectable colors, changes to whatever color it likes. The Heads up display was even changing its mode from street to track. They're ordering another unit for me as we speak.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chevy Rep

nfran2,

Keep me updated on what you hear from your dealership and how the new unit works?

Old 01-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc View Post
nfran2,

Keep me updated on what you hear from your dealership and how the new unit works?

When I talked to the tech at the dealership, he told me the replacement unit was a remanufactured unit not new. He said there wasn't a choice when he ordered the radio. Is there some reason other than cost that I can't get a new replacement unit instead of a reman unit? After all, when I bought my car brand new, I did pay dearly and extra for the Nav system.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Chevy Rep

nfran2,

There are some parts or service parts that are exclusively designated for assembly. It is through this process that these service parts can be obtained more easily, with the same quality of a new part or service part, and in less time, providing a better service to our customers as well as a competitive price.

Remanufactured parts are manufactured in a process which includes the disassembling, inspection, cleaning, software updating, and replacement of parts, as it may correspond, testing and reassembling, complying with the requirements approved by GM for parts or service parts.

I hope this helped explain.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Evan, please don't take this as directed towards you because it's not. Perhaps you could explain to the powers that be at GM that the part supplied to nfran2 in no way lived up to "same quality of a new part or service part, and in less time, providing a better service to our customers" in that it did not work, took longer since it had to be replaced a second time, cost more in the long run and certainly didn't enhance the customer's opinion of GM's products or services.

No matter what you were told, I'm certain the decision to use remanufactured parts in situations like this was left up to the bean counters and not the people who depend on repeat customers.

Again, we appreciate you being here and offering your services.
itsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaz View Post
Evan, please don't take this as directed towards you because it's not. Perhaps you could explain to the powers that be at GM that the part supplied to nfran2 in no way lived up to "same quality of a new part or service part, and in less time, providing a better service to our customers" in that it did not work, took longer since it had to be replaced a second time, cost more in the long run and certainly didn't enhance the customer's opinion of GM's products or services.

No matter what you were told, I'm certain the decision to use remanufactured parts in situations like this was left up to the bean counters and not the people who depend on repeat customers.

Again, we appreciate you being here and offering your services.

itsaz, I'm going to be diplomatic on this go around until I get jerked around enough by the dealership but you stated the underlaying problem very well. I'm sure if it were up to the techs, they would prefer a brand new part or replacement and only having to do a job once, not multiple times.
I too appreciate the fact the we do have a GM rep on board here who's doing an outstanding job cutting thru the "red tape" and getting answers to us. Granted, may not be what we want to hear but none the less, it's an answer for now.

Last edited by nfran2; 01-28-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: addition
nfran2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum > C6 Z06 Specific Topics > C6 Z06 - Grandstand