Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Remote switch for exhaust flaps!

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  I CORNER 
#1 ·
I just bought a remote switch to open and close the Z06 exhaust ! PM me for details. My first mod! Oh wait, I do not get my new Z until the 25th! OH well will install then!:thumb:

#6 ·
curvesman said:
Did you do the hard wire switch? or the remote switch! Its like a fob turn off or turn on any RPM outside the car or inside!:cheers:
We did the hard wire switch it works great and looks 100% stock.

#14 ·
Someone wired this to the wrong voltage source
It should be on a Switched source and if not then the wireless controller of that is on 24/7 causing what position the muffler butterfly is
Also means this is a voltage drain when car is not being used

#16 · (Edited)
I bought the car, used which came with a keyfob switch type remote, that I considered a pain in the A to use. As noted above, the prior owner set it to default to loud, but I was always fumbling for the keyfob in the center console in highway mode (as the 2008 is pushbutton start). I could not use the LG switch as the 2008 does not have the scalloped cutout piece in the console, which would require cutting the carbon fiber console cover. I did not consider the shift knob switch viable either, as it would just get in the way with aggressive shifting.

I went with the Corvette Central dead pedal hard wire switch, but added the matching aluminum dead-pedal, so I could drill it all lined up at the same time. Works great just like the old floor mounted headlight dimmer switch, which I can easily switch at will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.