Corvette Z06 Forum banner

starting issues

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  telly44444 
#1 ·
so when I drive my vette for a long period of time ( hour or so) when I shut it off and it sits for 20-30 mins sometimes when I go to start it back up it spudders, shakes and stinks and wont fully start.. Ill wait a few minutes , keep trying and the boom it starts. It sounds very unhealthy and I'm really concerned with the issue. My battery seems okay( 12.7 v at rest) and I changed the FOB battery today. think it might be fuel issue or air lock possibly?? it always starts good when its cold. It's really random and seems weird. car is a 2007 Z06 with 20k on it. it's also supercharged so if the stock fuel pump hasn't been changed I'm thinking that could be a source to the problem as I bought the car with all the mods done. I just got the car and this really sucks. any ideas or suggestions?

#4 ·
Hot restart issues you should get a OBD II scanner on ASAP and look for :

1. Running way too lean
2. some type of air or exhaust leak
3. one head running leaner then other head
4. corrupt O2 sensors
5. head gasket has been damaged due to the boost
6. Dirty MAF sensor.
7. check vacuum and MAP readings on hot start/idle
8 Bad tune

Determine if any error codes are tripping
Check fuel pressure as when hotter if pressure is lower in fuel rail, should be around 58 PSI at idle.

#6 ·
Possible whoever tuned it turned OFF certain error codes
If there are no codes then it is something the PCM cannot see such as some type of air/exhaust leak or the problem is just below the trigger point of a certain DTC
Dyno is not the place to find start/idle issues.
Better is using OBD scanner in record mode to trap the startup problem to then replay that and find out what is reporting a problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.