Corvette Z06 Forum banner

06 Z06 CD Changer

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  355Spider 
#1 ·
I thougnt I would let you know, I have Nav and since it only has a place for one music CD, I put a Chevrolet 6 CD changer in the back storage box. If you have XM, the CD changer harness plugs into the XM which in above the left rear tire. Tha instructions came in the box on how to install it in a Corvette. The part number is 17002224.

#5 ·
6 CD Changer

GlennSullivan said:
Gerry

Thanks for the information

Is there already a hole in the bottom of the rear storage compartment to pass the cd changer cables through or do you need to cut one? If you need to cut a hole, is there a waterproof grommet supplied with the cd changer kit?
Glenn
There is no hole in the carpet, but other than that, no problem.
Gerry

#7 ·
6 CD and XM

subwaysam said:
so you are saying that there is a way to have the cd changer AND the XM, ....the changer plugs into the XM module?

What was the cost of the part too please
thanks
sam

Yes is the answer. However, you must have XM 1st. The XM box sets in the rear above the left rear tire. The wiring harness plugs into the XM box. If no XM there is no way to tie the 6 CD into the radio. When you turn on the radio, the 6 CD's appear on the NAV screen. The cost of the changer was $544 plus tax. I got it from a friend who works in the parts department of a Chevy dealer. The installation directions for a Corvette came in the box,.

#16 ·
Gerry said:
I thought about that but I wanted to stay numbers matched and not compromise the warrennty. Although 355Spider has a great idea, I don't like taking the time ripping or downloading.
You could just use the ipod with an Itrip which sends the signal via radio frequency so as not to tear up the car in any way. I did that in my M3 for a long time. Worked pretty well. WHat was fun is when friends were driving near me I could pirate the radio station they were listening to with my ipod and start playing my music on their stereo. Talk about confused.

#17 ·
movies

355Spider said:
On my Infinity it looks like DVD quality. It's not though because the movies are compressed into MP4 format. You can't tell though with such a small screen. If you were to put them onto a larger screen at home you would be able to tell a difference.

If you put a DVD into the slot in a 06 Z06 Nav, will it acturally play a movie?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.