Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1st - 4th shift delete

7K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  mittens 
#1 ·
Looking for a way to delete the very annoying 1st- 4th shift feature in my 08 z06. I am hoping there is a way where I don't have to connect a scanner.:help:

#2 ·
If you do not want to turn CAGS off within a tune which is the best way
then search for a CAGS defeat product

They are nothing but a wiring connector with a small resistor in it

If not wanting to pay the higher price and do it cheaply unplug the wiring connector off
CAGS solenoid on the left side of trannie and with a Ohm meter measure the resistance of the CAGs 2 pins.

Once knowing that resistance value go buy less then a dollar resister from like Radio shack of the same ohms and like a 1/2 watt.
Install the two pins of that into the wiring connector's 2 pins, tape off and tie wrap the wires from dropping down.

#4 ·
:yeadog: That was my first mod. It takes about 10 minutes to install (most of that time was getting the car to where I could crawl under it) :D
Got it here: http://www.pfyc.com/

#5 ·
2 ways worth a shit.

Buy the 15-20 buck part that has a male and female plug with resistor in it. The light will still come on in the dash (1-4) when it trys to lock you out of a gear, but it wont work so you can shift to what ever gear you want.

a tune you can turn it off and the light on the dash. (1-4)

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
at one point the tuners wher trying to figure out if they can make the 1-4 lock out work for the 4th gear shift so no one messed up and slammed 2nd by mistake. but i dont think anyone ever got that to work.

But yes the light can be used for a RPM

#11 ·
I tried the fuse swap and it did not work on my '13. The check engine light came on after a few minutes of driving and the skip shift failed the work also. I asked the vendor I purchased it from and they said they weren't about the CEL but would replace it. My answer is why put another fuse in that won't work.

#12 ·
why not just install the cheap part made to do this, thats been doing it since 1993?

the fuses can be hit or miss.

#13 ·
People wanted to get away from that because it introduces another point for corrosion, etc. Plus, its more work than opening the fuse box.

Everyone I know has the little fuse that light ups in their C6 without any problem. I never got any codes or anything.
Search CORVETTE C6 05-12 CAGS 1-4 SKIP SHIFT BYPASS on ebay, thats what I bought and it works great. little red fuse 19.99.

#14 ·
The fuse I got was $15 from a vendor out of TX. The fuse is white but seems to cause more problems than it was worth. I have read that the one you do at the transmission can cause problems with water seepage if you don't properly seal the wires. For now I just went back to shifting a little higher in the rpm range. It's not like my gas mileage in town is going to improve much from the 13.5 I get now. Frankly if I wasn't under warranty I'd put a tune to it and use the 1T4 light as a shift light but I don't have that luxury right now.

#15 ·
the ones I am talking about is a sealed unit. just like the factory plugs, with the o-ring & clip style connectors.. so it would only be supseptable to water like the stock connector, just 2 inline.

here is a pic. I have had MANY of them (always on cars when I buy them) then i remove when I mod and tune them. never once had a problem with one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.