Corvette Z06 Forum banner

carbon fiber zr1 splitter

9K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  DakotaZ 
#1 ·
Im going to buy the carbon fiber front slitter for my zo6 from breathlees performance,but before i do i wanted to see if anybody has one on the car and has any info.maybe i should go with somebody else,i was hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction,any help would be appreciated

#3 ·
I bought one from APSIS. I have only driven the car once or twice since I put it on due to poor weather but so far so good. Looks nice. I did not add the support piece because I do not believe I will be seriously tracking the car (driving excess of 120 mph).

#6 ·
The support brace fits under the nose of the car actually supports the splitter because the splitter is attached to it. At very high speeds the downward force on the splitter can make it bend and possibly crack. The only people I know that sell one is Katech Performance. From what I read, unless you are going to do some serious high speed driving (excess of 120 mph) or you always track your car, you probably do not need it.

#16 ·
Nice pieces and thanks for the reply slayridez06. I rarely track my car but am able to get it above 100mph on a regular basis between my home and an army buddies cabin in Montana. I have the GM rear spoiler on my car but after seeing the Katech rear spoiler in your video I'm thinking of making a change.

I called Breathless Performance and they said their carbon fiber front splitter doesn't require facia reinforcement. The person I talked with said he and others track their cars all the time and no one has experienced cracks in the front facial of their cars. He also indicated that curb stops were for cracking front facias.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.