Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Hatch won't latch (hey, that rhymes)

8K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  TheBaron 
#1 ·
Still getting to know my '07 Z06. I must look like a dork with that smile on my face while I'm driving down the road. Maybe I'll get over it. Maybe I won't.

Anyway, I tend to put stuff in the back quite often. Getting the hatch fully locked is not easy. Even if I leave one of the doors open, the hatch doesn't fully latch on the first try most of the time. I feel like I'm gonna break something when I have to slam it so hard.

Is this just a Z06 thing? Is there a simple adjustment? Or should I take it in and have the dealership fix it? (It still has a little factory warranty left.)

Thanks. And I really appreciate this site. I've found it really useful (and sometimes hilarious), both when I was thinking about buying and now that I'm an owner. You all rock.

#3 ·
These cars are almost air tight due to the indexing windows. With a window open or door open the hatch will close tight just giving it a little push and let gravity close it. All C6 Z06 are like this unless they have a bad weather strip somewhere.

#7 ·
No need to slam even with windows and doors closed, just drop the hatch and if it doesn't close fully just give one firm push down on the deck lid and it will close no problem. No need to slam closed from a fully open position.

#8 ·
I would say if your having to slam it that hard there is an issue. I always leave a window or door open and drop it from about 6 inches and it shuts everytime......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.