Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Rocker Arms Failing?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  rosulekg 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard about any ls7 rocker arm failers, like the wrist pin bearings falling into the oil pan?

#2 ·
Yes, it's a known issue and has been discussed on several forums. Both GM as well as the GM Performance Build Center in Wixom, MI where the LS7 engines are assembled, are aware of it.

It seems the issue lies with the vendor and/or the design of the rocker arm and/or rocker arm end cap which retains the needle bearings.

Some have reported needle bearings in the oil during an oil change. The problem is not serious and no damage should result from it but obviously it is of concern and would be a warranty repair if it occurs.

#3 ·
Thanks, "No Doubt" we have had coorespondance before. Interesting that one was the aftermarket Cat issue were you differ'd with a tuner I know and I am verifiing this rocker issue as he mentioned this to me after he recently bought a new Z.

Also, is/was this a issue in the C5? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.