Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Locked Out. Help

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  przyojski 
#1 ·
My '09 Z has developed a strange problem. If it sits overnight, the fob will not work. New fob battery, and full charge on a new (almost) battery. if I open the hatch with the key (and wait for the alarm to shut down), then the doors will open. The next day, the same procedure again. My baby is always garaged, and has less than 9K on the clock. :help:

#5 ·
Is the car totally stock ?
have you tried this when parked somewhere else, does it still do it ?
When car is driven does the tire pressure sensors report correctly ? ( same controller as VATS)
When door is open does the security light flash ?

Even a new car battery can have a weak cell and after sitting overnight is not strong enough in the AM. Check the DIC and see what the voltage level is in AM

Use a OBD-II scanner and see if any DTCs are reporting

#8 ·
Friends-
To catch up on the latest questions:
Fob batteries and car batteries are new, and fully charged. It starts immediately when you finally get in.

Panic button does not work. When the hatch is opened with the key, the alarm goes off. The panic button will not turn it off. After the alarm stops, the doors will open, and everything is OK. I have not yet timed how long it will work correctly, but an overnight wait stops everything. I'll check the tire sensors today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.